Trill

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
In all my trips there the adventure pass is unnecessary. As I understand it, that is if your parking your vehicle and walking in leaving your parked vehicle
Makes sense. To be honest I have an old one that I just never scratched off...
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I should be at Lockwood Creek Rd and Lockwood Valley Rd by 7:10. Air down and head in to Creek by 7:30
I will most likely be a little behind @ about 7:30 ish, so will meet up at parking lot tail head before 8 am. I'll be on channel 5 CB and FRS. I'll have a mask on but out of respect for others. I've been drinking a mixture of household disinfectant and fish tank cleaner. No Covid-19 yet. Shout out to #45 for the advice. /S

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
@HackedJL @jessedacri @Ryanfold @Blu bi Kong

Just got off the phone with the ranger station, trails will open tomorrow.

If anyone wants to go with me on Sunday, I would like to get on the trail fairly early to avoid the log jam.

Please be at the dirt lot before the trail head aired down and ready to go by 8AM.

34.7341729,-119.0395591

I'm in a white 2 door.

You will need a $5 adventure pass, you can pick them up in town at a gas station.

Awesome. I may be in too - I'm also in a white 2 door and may be bringing my buddy and his JLU Sahara on 33" KO2s. We've made it through before with that rig on the stock A/Ts. I'll confirm tomorrow as I might end up having to go another day, but would love to join if I can make it work.

Here's mine last year up on miller, I think from the day before it closed for the season.
Jeep Wrangler JL miller jeep trail sunday 24th IMG_0991

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also all I've got is a shitty Cobra handheld walkie talkie but sometimes I can pick up CB on channel 21. I can't comm with you guys with this can I? Really need to bite the bullet and install some proper communication.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Makes sense. To be honest I have an old one that I just never scratched off...
[/QUOTE
I might be able to hear you on my FRS bands 1-14 , we will have to see. BTW, if you show it will then be 3 Bright White 2drs., rare as unicorns.
You guys may not want ole Blubikong with 4 doors messing up your tablesetting!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trill

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
Also all I've got is a shitty Cobra handheld walkie talkie but sometimes I can pick up CB on channel 21. I can't comm with you guys with this can I? Really need to bite the bullet and install some proper communication.
I have an extra CB if yours doesn't work, no big deal either way.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm out for tomorrow, the 24th. I went up to Dutchman Campgrounds this morning via Hungry Valley OHV south entrance. Went down Miller nearly to creek and back up. It was fun, I took my time and stopped at each of the two difficult sections and just walked thru them going down and back up. No issues either way, looks worse than it is really. For the trip, I saw only one other rig on the trail, a red Rubicon Jk 2dr. It was just after 1:00 and I was parked off to the left in a pull out, 1/2 mile from the top gate at the last diffcult spot. Kicking back, having lunch and thinking my rig with a Mopar lift and 37's was killing this trail. I was setting there feeling pretty satisfied when that stock JK 2 dr. Rubicon just rolled up thru with no more issue than a speed bump at the mall. Surprised the hell out of me. After that I was wishing for more rigs and seeing some action but the place was pretty much deserted. I was off the trail by 1:30. I did the Alamo Mountain loop for the first time. I must have been beautiful before the fires. Only met a couple of dual sport riders but finally on the way back to the state OHV park I saw quit a few folks at the Piru Creek crossing, hanging out near the water.
I wouldn't expect a huge turnout on the trail tomorrow either. Take your time and enjoy. Cheers

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I’m in, along with my buddy Josh in the JLU Sahara. We may be absolute savages and show up topless / doorless - it’s like a free 2” lift for the Sahara. Depends how we’re feeling in the AM but been desperate to get some open air time, and an excuse for a deep clean on Monday.

Bit of a drive from silver lake area but we’re shooting for 8am.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I think I’m in, along with my buddy Josh in the JLU Sahara. We may be absolute savages and show up topless / doorless - it’s like a free 2” lift for the Sahara. Depends how we’re feeling in the AM but been desperate to get some open air time, and an excuse for a deep clean on Monday.

Bit of a drive from silver lake area but we’re shooting for 8am.
Done this trip topless once. Once was enough! Hope to see you at any rate

OP
OP
Trill

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
Sounds good fellas see you there.

Anyone else wants to drop in last minute, it's 34.7341729,-119.0395591 at 0800 tomorrow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trill

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
Awesome run thanks everyone