Milestar vs mastercraft vs yokohama

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Ok I've narrowed my tire search to 37x12.5x17 milestar pats mt, yokohama geolander mt or mastercraft courser mt's. Before anyone chimes in with other suggestions I'm not interested. I like these because of price, weight and on road noise. Looking for people who have run them, I live in indiana so wet traction on road is important. On road 95% and off road will be sand dunes and dirt and rocks not really interested in mud. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The Milestats have a soft tread and wear fast. They are great on difficult trails aired down, not so much for daily driving.

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I disagree on what has been said about the Pats. Mine have been fantastic as my daily. They handle wet and snow pretty well. They aren't loud and are fairly light considering the 38" size. They have gripped and done well on trails and I will buy a second set. I definitely prefer them to previous KO3's and MTR's.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had 35s for around 12k miles and they held up well and did great on a couple of light trails. I didn't have any issues with them. They were great on and off road. Only one time I felt a little slippage going around a big turn to get onto the freeway after it had just rained but I am sure I was probably taking the turn faster than I should have anyways.

I ended up swapping out to 37s a few days ago and I am sure I will like them as well and plan to do more moderate trails with those once I get my new lift installed as well.

They may not last as long as other tires but sometimes people just want to start off budget friendly before spending more for tires that are more expensive but last longer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I disagree on what has been said about the Pats. Mine have been fantastic as my daily. They handle wet and snow pretty well. They aren't loud and are fairly light considering the 38" size. They have gripped and done well on trails and I will buy a second set. I definitely prefer them to previous KO3's and MTR's.
What lift are you running with 38's? I'm getting the 2"mopar lift and thought 37s would fit better, but the 38s are load range c and I would like that better.

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What lift are you running with 38's? I'm getting the 2"mopar lift and thought 37s would fit better, but the 38s are load range c and I would like that better.
I like so many others am running the MC 3.5" Game Changer, could not be happier with it!

nhemisisOTR

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 4Runner TRD PRO
Vehicle Showcase
i loveeeeeee my yokohamas right now.. quietest m/t ive ran and did really well down in moab a couple weeks ago

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
i loveeeeeee my yokohamas right now.. quietest m/t ive ran and did really well down in moab a couple weeks ago
From what I have read, I'll be upgrading to Yokohama G003s when I am done with my Falken MTs. But as I have 6 of them in rotation, that might take a while...

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Of the 3 you’re considering I’ve only used the Milestars. A set of 35s for 24K miles and a new set of 37s. I like them. I think they do everything reasonably well except I haven’t used them in ice or snow. On road for daily driving I find them to be quiet until they’re well worn. They ride and handle reasonably well. They brake well. I’ve had no traction issues in light or heavy rain. I tend to wheel in loose dirt and rock (a little mud occasionally) and have never had issues with durability or traction. They just don’t break loose. Other people have reported that they suck. Not for me though.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

ive had the Milestars in 35" for about 10k miles now. if they make any noise, ive never heard it. they do great offroad and on dry pavement (daily driver duty). ive use them in the rain with no issues. ive taken them in the snow once and they did fine. they are a hybrid tire. hybrid of AT and MT hence why they perform well all around. i like them so much i just ordered a new set in 37". they are some of the lightest tires out there, which is very important to me, as well as price. if you put a lot of miles on your jeep, i would rather wear out less expensive tires than more costly ones lol. if the jeep is only used for off road duty, then sure, spend the $ and get the best tire you can since you wont be wasting them on the highway. just my 2 cents.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Pats are ok, not great, but for the price point they exceed expectations. Not a great tire in wet or freezing conditions. If you can get Geolanders for the same price as the Pats I'd get the Yokos in a heartbeat!

OP
OP

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'm having discount tire price match them. I was pretty sure those were what I was gonna get but the yokohama and mastercraft were with considering because of the weight, price, and reviews. That's why I put this post up. I'm just waiting on my mopar lift kit to come in, it's on a 45 day back order, as soon as it does in ordering the pats.
Sponsored