First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Anyone know the size of the 315/70/R17, so that I may input it into the Tazer mini? I measured the tires, but not sure how to equate that into what’s needed for the tazer.
Sponsored

Death_Valley_JL

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
According to Discount Tire the overall diameter of that tire is 34.6" I am pretty sure I used this method when entering my BFG KM3's diameter into the Tazer mini. It came out pretty darn close.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Best way that I know is to put a level across the tire and measure from the ground up to the level.
Here is an image from MotorTrend
Jeep Wrangler JL Milestar Patagonia M/T 02 size 22F02BC0-F8BF-4CE5-8205-9081770D01DA

OP
OP
Thdoors

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
According to Discount Tire the overall diameter of that tire is 34.6" I am pretty sure I used this method when entering my BFG KM3's diameter into the Tazer mini. It came out pretty darn close.
Thanks, saw a video this evening that said 34.69 input to the tazer. Be well🤘🏻

6.2Blazer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
The most accurate way is to measure from the center of the tire to the ground, and times that by 2 to get the diameter (height) of the tire. The distance from the center to the ground will always be at least slightly small versus the center of the tire to the top. This is because of the "squish" of the tire caused by the weight of the vehicle, and the center to the ground distance is what affects the speedometer reading.
However inputting a number from a website will probably get you pretty close and within the normal error range on a speedometer. You can always download some sort of GPS speed app on your phone and compare it to the speedo read-out, and tweak the tire size setting slightly to match them up.
Sponsored