Sponsored

Miles on the clock at delivery?

Comandore3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubikon 2door
Dealer just called me and told me that Rubicon what I ordered just arrive. How many miles could/should be on the clock when brand new Wrangler arrive from the factory?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 JLUR had 6 miles on it upon pick up. My salesman, who was also the dealers internet sales coordinator, said that it was pulled off the truck and parked right outside his office window, so he could make sure it didn't get test driven.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Dealer just called me and told me that Rubicon what I ordered just arrive. How many miles could/should be on the clock when brand new Wrangler arrive from the factory?
Mine had like 4miles. I order mine unwrapped, so that it came with all the protective plastic still on it. Was super satisfying to to remove the plastic my self.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My 2019 JLUR had 6 miles on it upon pick up. My salesman, who was also the dealers internet sales coordinator, said that it was pulled off the truck and parked right outside his office window, so he could make sure it didn't get test driven.
I have heard this from a couple different sales people. This phrase is definitely in the “How to become a car salesman for dummy’s” book they all must secretly read.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How many miles could/should be on the clock when brand new Wrangler arrive from the factory?
You'll likely get a whole bunch of different answers. It really depends on how and where your new vehicle is loaded and offloaded from its transport. Many dealerships (especially around here) have separate lots (not at the showroom location) where new vehicles are offloaded and stored. They often need to be driven to the dealership showroom for delivery when purchased. So the mileage will vary by location and vehicle.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have heard this from a couple different sales people. This phrase is definitely in the “How to become a car salesman for dummy’s” book they all must secretly read.
Although I fully agree with you about the "everyone's a close friend" playbook, I happened to deal with a straight shooter. The finance department definitely reminded me where I was.

I drove the 6 hour round trip, rather than submit my order over the phone, because I prefer face to face. The mouth can, but the eyes can't lie. He proved to be a stand up guy, and openly told me that he's seen some factory orders taken on test drives, so he liked to keep his orders close by and their fobs locked in his desk.

Come pick up time, I was there for a couple hours. Several other salesman kept commenting about being chased away anytime someone got too close to it. It was also the only new vehicle on the property that still had a dusting of snow on it from a small storm a couple days prior.
Sponsored