Sponsored

Miles on JL, before I took possession

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I work at the dealership I got my JLUR from and it rolled off the truck with 40 miles on it.
They will pull every so many vehicles for quality assurance testing. most all those miles were done on a dyno in factory. Wouldn't stress it too much :)
Yeah, maybe it's even a plus that they got tested for QA.
Sponsored

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Ram Rebel
My JLUR rolled off the truck with just over 80 miles. Jeep’s answer was that it was put through extra testing on their course. Not sure what all that entails, but I’ve had zero issues with her so far. She’s got ~1200 miles now.

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
It is normal for a few new cars to have miles on them for various reasons, inventory moving, random testing off the line, etc. Keep in the mind the Factory Warranty does not start until you drive it off the lot with whatever miles are on it. If it is a 36,000 mile warranty and your Wrangler already has 80 miles on it your warranty is good until 36,080.

kablam0r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I work at the dealership I got my JLUR from and it rolled off the truck with 40 miles on it.
They will pull every so many vehicles for quality assurance testing. most all those miles were done on a dyno in factory. Wouldn't stress it too much :)
Mine had 37 miles on it. My buddy who owns the the dealership which I bought it thru told me it was pulled off the line for a QA test. He said it could have been random or they found an issue. It actually makes me feel a little better that it was put thru some additional, manual testing.

Helajames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Mine had around 30 on it, it also had a couple of arrow stickers on it like you see on leagal docs telling you where to sign. makes me think it was gone through at the factory.

Sponsored

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
I'd have to say if I see evidence of them taking mine on their off road course, they're going to get an earful. Regardless of whether I plan to offroad myself, I wasn't buying a vehicle that had been stress tested offroad, I purchased a NEW vehicle. There's a difference between dyno testing for quality assurance, and putting actual offroad miles on a vehicle that they are selling as new for stress testing.

It's 100% irrelevant that "It's a Jeep". It's a new vehicle, being sold as new, and therefore should not be subjected to any additional and unnecessary wear and tear.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I had 3. Test drove it until 9. Took delivery at 11. I’m assuming the only other time it was driven was to get it gassed up before I bought. It was a custom order so my salesman didn’t allow anyone else to drive it or test drive it.

Have zero issues so far. Got about 220 miles now.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had 34 but I got it just a few weeks ago so I am guessing test drives..

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Mine had 6.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
My jlur had 14km on pickup. My jk had 70 (off lot purchase, not order). A week into owning it I found where the GPS records max speed,...174kph . I wasn't impressed.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My jlur had 14km on pickup. My jk had 70 (off lot purchase, not order). A week into owning it I found where the GPS records max speed,...174kph . I wasn't impressed.
Absolutely not while it is in break in period. I would not be happy either. For those of us that don't do KPH that is 108MPH.

Unless this is something done at the factory during testing and not driving the Jeep on the road to achieve it. I am not sure. If some sales guy did this I would be P.O'd!
Sponsored