Mileage Missing & More

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has anyone else had their current mileage disappear from underneath the digital speedometer? I just noticed this today and I'm sure it will come back in a few restarts but still weird...

IMG-4089.JPG
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Update: The mileage is back but now it thinks I have a manual and I don't...

IMG-4092.JPG
Check your fuses. Many of us have found them to be very loose causing weird stuff like that. Just open the hood, pop off the fuse box cover and start pushing. You may notice several will "click" in showing they were loose.

OP
OP
rizej

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Check your fuses. Many of us have found them to be very loose causing weird stuff like that. Just open the hood, pop off the fuse box cover and start pushing. You may notice several will "click" in showing they were loose.
Yea I've even given that advice but at almost 25k miles I think its some other weird electrical gremlin. I don't know how a fuse would make the Jeep think its a manual and not an automatic. Definitely a strange thing though...

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I just came in from checking my fuses. I swear.. every single fuse was lose. I was able to significantly push down and seat each standard fuse by a pretty good amount.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yea I've even given that advice but at almost 25k miles I think its some other weird electrical gremlin. I don't know how a fuse would make the Jeep think its a manual and not an automatic. Definitely a strange thing though...
I remember reading about other instances of the cluster switching from auto to manual on the forum.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm not sure I understand. Did you check your fuses before then? If not, it won't hurt to spend the 2 minutes it takes to see if your fuses are loose. Plus, it could prevent future problems, like the shutting of your entire Jeep down at the worst time. In my case, the lines in the back up camera view disappeared. Someone a long time ago suggested I check for loose fuses. I thought that was the dumbest suggestion at the time. Then I had other "gremlin" like behavior and heard again "check fuses". So I finally did. Lines in the backup camera came back and all other gremlins disappeared and have never returned. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/check-your-fuses.9420/

Last edited:
OP
OP
rizej

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This Jeep would not be allowed to serve in the military.

#identitycrisis
#dontaskdonttell
Yea I have checked my fuses early on when people were first starting to suspect that was to blame for some of the weird electrical symptoms. Everything seems back to normal now but weird that the mileage would disappear and then after an hour or so (i.e. letting the power drain out) and restarting it thought it was a manual and then another hour or so later all was good

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yea I have checked my fuses early on when people were first starting to suspect that was to blame for some of the weird electrical symptoms. Everything seems back to normal now but weird that the mileage would disappear and then after an hour or so (i.e. letting the power drain out) and restarting it thought it was a manual and then another hour or so later all was good
Sounds like your Jeep has a bad circuit board somewhere then. You could ask for a software reset first though.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I just came in from checking my fuses. I swear.. every single fuse was lose. I was able to significantly push down and seat each standard fuse by a pretty good amount.
Mine was like that too !

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Mine has done the same thing! I've just started noticing it in the last few months. Mine will take away/put back mileage info. Strange

OP
OP
rizej

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Mine has done the same thing! I've just started noticing it in the last few months. Mine will take away/put back mileage info. Strange
Mine seems to be doing this almost every day or every other day now. I don't remember it ever happening before the TSB to get ORPs installed... Other people must have this as well right?

ltivarovsky

First Name
Leonid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JL)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Got the same problem every once in a while. Talked to a dealer - they have no clue...

ltivarovsky

First Name
Leonid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JL)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Has anyone else had their current mileage disappear from underneath the digital speedometer? I just noticed this today and I'm sure it will come back in a few restarts but still weird...

Jeep Wrangler JL Mileage Missing & More IMG-4092.JPG
Hi, did you resolve the issue? I got the same problem. Thanks.
Sponsored