Sponsored

Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
Looks like there is plenty of room. And, as a suggestion, you could have the remote mic extension cable plugged in to the tucked-away unit and have the end of it poke out under the console. This way you can plug in the mic and disconnect it quite easily if you are parked in a sketchy area.

MicExtension.jpg
Awesome! I just ordered the cable. Here is what the radio looks like after installation.
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install IMG_6354[1].JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install IMG_6355[1].JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install IMG_6356[1].JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install IMG_6357[1].JPG
Sponsored

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
Voodoobones - just use our Mic Mount and you can place the handset so you can easily see if from the driver's seat. MicMount
Ya know, you could just offer a Midland MXT275 installation kit with instructions for a JL and save us all a lot of time. :LOL:
I authorize you to use my pictures. :)

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
LOL - well, we do sell an all-in-one kit that include the MXT275, the Midland Coax, our (rear) mount, and the Mic-holder! We're going to expand this so that folks can choose our front-mount antenna option.

May take you up on using your pictures! A Mic Mount coming your way just for making the offer!

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
LOL - well, we do sell an all-in-one kit that include the MXT275, the Midland Coax, our (rear) mount, and the Mic-holder! We're going to expand this so that folks can choose our front-mount antenna option.

May take you up on using your pictures! A Mic Mount coming your way just for making the offer!
I wish I had known about you before I bought my radio with the kit from you.
That tailgate mount is pretty cool. It should be here Monday. I haven't ordered a ghost antenna yet because I'm not sure if it will fit on there. Do you know there is enough room between the mounting post and the tailgate?

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
That’s where I bolted up the aux speaker.
Yep! I think those high falootin' Rubicons have the OEM inverter hiddem in that location.

I mounted mine there as well. I don't have the AUX switches so I used the Quadratec power tap for the wiring, nice and quick.
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install 20210130_182515

I chose to install the Midland 6db whip on the rear swing gate using the Kraken Offroad mount. Had to drill the CB antenna hole out to accommodate the larger NMO mount. Pretty sweet and quality stainless teel mount coated with a bedliner type product. I prefer to keep that antenna out back and out of the way of branches.

Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install 20210130_182515
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install 20210130_151850
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install 20210130_143515

Last edited:

prerunner1982

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokees
But the MTX275 has the speaker on the box and not the handset like the Cobra CB, so with my hearing, tucking the box away likely means I can’t hear anything.
My MTX275 has the speaker on the handset. There looks to be speaker holes on the box, but the handset is where the sound comes out on mine.
I'm sorry, this is not correct. The sound from the radio comes from the microphone, NOT from the "brain" box. As such, it works identically to the Cobra 75WXST.
The MX275 actually has a speaker in the headset AND in the radio body, you select for the audio to come out of either OR both. See pg 25 of the user manual.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Sponsored

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
The MX275 actually has a speaker in the headset AND in the radio body, you select for the audio to come out of either OR both. See pg 25 of the user manual.
Wait! We have to READ??? (Thanks for pointing that out. In my defense, the out of the box default seems to be through the handset speaker - at least that's what happened when I hooked up a new one to see what was up. Cool that you can change it, if desired.)

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
I received the Mic Mount from @CoolTech and installed it. I did have to drill a couple of holes to mount the clip from Midland and as my skills are not that great, I got it off-center a bit. But it works. I also installed the cord extension which makes securing my radio easier. Thanks for the Help Cooltech!
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install IMG_6405[1].JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install IMG_6406[1].JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install IMG_6407[1].JPG

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Looks great Voodoobones. For others considering our Mic Mount with the Midland GMRS mic clip, I'd recommend using 3M Double-sided tape. Just make sure both surfaces are clean and use about 1" of this stuff and the mic clip will never come off. (The traditional metal CB mic clips don't have enough surface area - hence the pre-drilled holes, but the Midland clips have enough to make this tape a viable option.) An added benefit is that it is much easier to install. You can get the 3M tape at Home Depot, Wal-mart or online. You'll find a lot of uses for this stuff once you have it. (This is the same tape that ALL auto manufactures uses to affix their badging to their cars. It works!)

There is a link HERE. But, as I said most home improvement stores will also carry.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For those of you with Rubicons, you can fix the radio above inverter(if thats what it is). There is about an inch of room left before hitting the steering. I used Velcro to install mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install F9AEFA33-E9F1-4024-A2C9-855F6E1B5A0D

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
For those of you with Rubicons, you can fix the radio above inverter(if thats what it is). There is about an inch of room left before hitting the steering. I used Velcro to install mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Midland MicroMobile 15w GMRS Install F9AEFA33-E9F1-4024-A2C9-855F6E1B5A0D
That's cool! What did you screw the radio bracket to?
Sponsored