Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep® Brand Collaborates With Midland Radio to Deliver Co-branded Walkie Talkies
  • Iconic off-road Jeep® vehicle establishes Midland Radio as the market leader in off-road communications
May 11, 2023 , Kansas City, Mont. - Today, Midland Radio, the leader in two-way radio communication technology, announced its collaboration with the Jeep® brand the authentic global SUV brand that brings capability, versatility and off-road adventure to owners and enthusiasts around the world. Midland Radio is kicking off the relationship with the introduction of the T77VP5J Jeep X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack, the first of many Jeep-branded Midland products to come.

Midland Radio and the Jeep brand have long been at the forefront of the off-roading community, providing rugged and reliable products that enthusiasts love. The dedication and affinity toward this community over the years is why both brands continue to create unrivaled experiences for this audience through innovative products and events. Midland's continued sponsorship of Jeep Jamboree and this newly announced relationship further solidifies Midland Radio's position as the market leader in off-road communications and the trusted manufacturer for Jeep enthusiasts.

The T77VP5J Jeep X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack is a by-product of Midland’s long-time customer favorite T71 license-free handheld. With features that include up to 38 miles in range, 36 channels, crisp communication and Weather Alert Radio with Weather Scan technology, users can venture far and wide without worrying about losing contact or getting caught in severe weather. A micro-USB charging port also allows for easy, accessible in-vehicle recharging. Now, Jeep enthusiasts can show off their love for the brand on a practical piece of equipment that they can take with them on the trails or out while camping.

“When the leading automotive manufacturer brand of off-road vehicles chooses and trusts you as their go-to off-road communication equipment, you are doing something right,” said Dan Schwartz, CEO of Midland Radio. “We are excited to partner with the Jeep brand and to announce the T77VP5J. We aim to enhance all Jeep enthusiasts’ experiences by providing the best possible communication while hitting the trails in their Jeep 4x4 vehicles.”

The T77VP5J is the first Midland Radio product to bear the Jeep brand logo, with additional models to come in the popular MicroMobile line.

The T77VP5J Jeep X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack is offered at $134.99 and is currently available for purchase from Midland and approved retailers.

BU023_143EV.jpg

BU023_144EV.jpg

BU023_145EV.jpg

BU023_146EV.jpg

BU023_147EV.jpg

BU023_148EV.jpg

BU023_149EV.jpg

BU023_150EV.jpg

BU023_151EV.jpg

BU023_152EV.jpg
Sponsored

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
Nice to see them do this using one of the better models in the Midland lineup. I wonder if/when the MXT275 will see a Jeep branded version?
Also.... How many of you are willing to pay a little more for the same radios just so they say "Jeep" on them??

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Purely aesthetic, but if I wanted a Jeep-branded set of walkie talkies to match my Wrangler, I wouldn't get a pair with green/drab accents. Nothing on my Jeep is green.

Maybe something to match my gaudy Rubi red accents or Sting-Gray paint?

Sponsored

7.62x392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 392 XR
Build Thread
Link
35% premium over the same radio on Amazon without the Jeep logo. You’re basically paying for Midland’s licensing fee with Jeep for a tiny Jeep logo to be slapped on the front. Pure money grab / rip off in my opinion. But I guarantee people will buy it 🤣.

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
I'll have to add a Jeep label to the 4 I already have. I like the case, though.

Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to see them do this using one of the better models in the Midland lineup. I wonder if/when the MXT275 will see a Jeep branded version?
Also.... How many of you are willing to pay a little more for the same radios just so they say "Jeep" on them??
I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably spend a few extra bucks for my radios to say Jeep on them :LOL: Plus theysort of color match with my Sarge Green wrangler, that's gotta be worth at least $10 right there!

I like these Midland radios - they work pretty well, I doubt they get the advertised range in real life but I don't really use them more than a few hundred yards anyways. Best of all, they're inexpensive, so it's not a big deal when one breaks or gets left on the ground somewhere on accident. I have a bad habit of losing my handhelds a lot, I've bought 6 midland radios over the years and I only know where 2 of them are now.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It's $99 without the Jeep sticker. :) https://www.amazon.com/Midland-X-TALKER-Channel-Carrying-Headsets/dp/B01LVUBPPA?th=1

Myea, 36 miles, must have been typed by a marketing person.

Go with GMRS, and not a Midland GMRS, since they think people are dumb.

https://donmontalvo.com/2021/11/03/midland-radio-vs-wouxun/
I kinda agree, my only caveat is I got the wideband firmware mxt275 for like half off stacking some coupons, but man they really do think we’re too stupid to use any features lol.

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Me! Lol

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Ask the rugged radio guys 😂
Sponsored