Sponsored

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
Seems like the appropriate thread to ask this in! A friend bought this for me. Is it any good and can it be used at Jeep events? I have zero knowledge on this subject lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Midland and Jeep Collaborate on Midland T77VP5J JEEP X-TALKER Walkie Talkies IMG_1967
Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Totally unnecessary purchase since I've already got Midland GMRS radios, but I couldn't help myself. No regerts.

Jeep Wrangler JL Midland and Jeep Collaborate on Midland T77VP5J JEEP X-TALKER Walkie Talkies IMG_1967

I can set up all my radios on a shared GMRS/FRS channel (1-7 or 15-22), so they can all still talk to each other while the GMRS radios can still use full power. These new FRS radios just won't have as much power, but they're green and say "Jeep" on them which more than makes up for it :LOL:
Erm, those are FRS, not GMRS. :)

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Erm, those are FRS, not GMRS. :)
I know, I was saying my other radios are GMRS, so I can use a shared FRS/GMRS channel on both the GMRS radios and these new FRS radios, and they'll all still be able to talk to each other (with these FRS radios obviously lacking a bit of power over their GMRS brethren)

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like the appropriate thread to ask this in! A friend bought this for me. Is it any good and can it be used at Jeep events? I have zero knowledge on this subject lol

That’s a decent GMRS, no experience with it.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1967.jpeg
I'm not familiar with that radio personally, but from what I understand Baofeng makes good stuff.

Jeep events all have different radio requirements, so it may not work at all of the events, someone earlier mentioned an event that requires CB radios. On the other hand, Jeep Jamboree at Rubicon trail I believe requires GMRS, and not CB. So depending on the events you do, you may need multiple types of radios.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not familiar with that radio personally, but from what I understand Baofeng makes good stuff.

Jeep events all have different radio requirements, so it may not work at all of the events, someone earlier mentioned an event that requires CB radios. On the other hand, Jeep Jamboree at Rubicon trail I believe requires GMRS, and not CB. So depending on the events you do, you may need multiple types of radios.
Baofeng makes cheap radios, good for rescue missions, where if you lose/destroy it, it's like, whatever, it was cheap. They also make extremely capable and expensive ones. I like the brand, can't go wrong.

Canes_JL

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4xe / 2023 Rubicon XR
Clubs

Totally unnecessary purchase since I've already got Midland GMRS radios, but I couldn't help myself. No regerts.

I can set up all my radios on a shared GMRS/FRS channel (1-7 or 15-22), so they can all still talk to each other while the GMRS radios can still use full power. These new FRS radios just won't have as much power, but they're green and say "Jeep" on them which more than makes up for it :LOL:
Yea as a radio geek I'll be ordering a pair as well.......mainly just because it has "Jeep" on it.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

It took a few years before I got myself set up with HAM, GMRS, and CB. So prepared for any group event. I have a bubble pack FRS hand held pair, but never had to use it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Heimkehr: 1
Midland's bottom line: 0

Jeep Wrangler JL Midland and Jeep Collaborate on Midland T77VP5J JEEP X-TALKER Walkie Talkies IMG_20230525_103902

Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Received my JeepUniq mounts today, these radios look freaking awesome in my Sarge Green jeep!! I don't even care if the radios themselves suck compared to gmrs 😂 I'm way happy with how these look on the dash, compared to the plain black gxt1000 radios.

For those who might be interested, order the JeepUniq gxt1000 mounts, they fit these jeep radios perfectly. And your gxt1000 radios as well, obviously.

Jeep Wrangler JL Midland and Jeep Collaborate on Midland T77VP5J JEEP X-TALKER Walkie Talkies PXL_20230602_231032733

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any concerns with passenger-side airbag deployment?
I was wondering the same thing, I'm not really sure. I think when I have a passenger driving on-road, I'll take the radios down at least. The clips themselves I think would be clear.

Oakridge88

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2-door
JEEPUNIQ

An incorrect part was sent and they will not exchange, and will not allow a return without my having to pay a restocking charge. And, they still get paid and I am stuck with an unusable part. Doesn't make sense.
Sponsored