Middle seat belt

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
Dumb question. Where is the middle seat belt in the back of a JLU? I have a car seat on one side and a booster on the other. My son in the booster wanted to sit in the middle to be able to see better while we were driving around the neighborhood. Maybe it's because I put a protective dog cover on the rear seat, or maybe it's tucked inside the seat? I don't see where the middle one would be a shoulder harness.

Is it just a lap belt and it's tucked inside the seat hidden away right now?
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Dumb question. Where is the middle seat belt in the back of a JLU? I have a car seat on one side and a booster on the other. My son in the booster wanted to sit in the middle to be able to see better while we were driving around the neighborhood. Maybe it's because I put a protective dog cover on the rear seat, or maybe it's tucked inside the seat? I don't see where the middle one would be a shoulder harness.

1) Go to the Jeep.com website.

2) Build yourself the JLU of your choice.

3) Once done, in the builder click the 360 button near the upper right corner of the screen.

4) In the resulting rendering, which will be specific to your option selections, use your mouse to spin the image to the backseat.

5) I clearly see the middle back safety belt. I trust you will have the same results, and I hope this will help you discover the belt in your own rig.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

20180318_141600.jpg

OP
OP

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
Yeah... I'm an idiot. I removed the protective cover I bought and saw it.

The cover has slits to pass the female part of the seat belt through. Unfortunately I don't see a way to make the middle seat belt available. Is there a way to remove the middle seat belt from the top, thread it through the slit in my cover, and then re-attach it back on top? If not I may make a huge cut down the cover, get it through and then use some black duct tape to put it together again.
Sponsored