Middle seat belt stuck all the way out.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Like the title says the middle seat belt is stuck all the ay out. My wife pulled the middle seat belt out to lock it for the grandsons car seat but it won’t go back in now. Any options or does it need to go to the dealership?

thanks,
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any options or does it need to go to the dealership?
Try a quick sharp pull out and see if it recoils back. You need to try to remove the tension on the locking/ratcheting mechanism.

OP
OP
David F.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Try a quick sharp pull out and see if it recoils back. You need to try to remove the tension on the locking/ratcheting mechanism.
thanks for the reply. Guess I should have added that I tried this and I got up to 25 and hit the brakes hard, locking up the front belt. Other than that I can’t think of anything else. There is no give on the belt at all.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Like the title says the middle seat belt is stuck all the ay out. My wife pulled the middle seat belt out to lock it for the grandsons car seat but it won’t go back in now. Any options or does it need to go to the dealership?

thanks,
Hi David, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
JeepCares
Sponsored