Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
that’s fabulous; i love a good Rescue story.

He weighs 18.4 pounds. When we got him from the animal shelter, he weighed 14.5 pounds. He put on 4 pounds of muscle from the 700+ mile of running and hiking he has done with us. When we got him, he was not able to jump into our Jeep. Now he can jump in easily.
Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Great review. I have near 22000 miles on my Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MTs. Love them. Will be my go to for a while.
I have them also. Not a good highway tire, but great offroading. I mostly just do beach driving, and they do just fine. These tires don't hydroplane like those KO2s did.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’ve loved my 37” Baja Boss ATs and have about 10k miles on them. Very ver quiet and smooth riding, do great in the rain too.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Any reviews for Snow?

Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 00 XJ
I loved the tires and was surprised how quiet they were for the few hundred miles I had them but I didn’t like the size and gear ratio change on my ride. I actually have a set of five 35” for sale on this forum (shameless plug).

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
in what way were the Mickeys a disappointment to you? and to what are you comparing them?
Well they appeared to be a hybrid tire, i was expecting a quieter tire and one decent in the snow , and mixed off roading ,however they got noisy fast and were really poor in the snow , i do believe you can not beat there sidewall strength . i got them right after they came out .

silverheep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR4xe
Any reviews for Snow?
I’ve been through 2 Colorado winters on my AT 35’s, and I couldn’t ask for any better on the road. Snow wheeling…they are good, but no replacement for chains. I’m at 20,000 miles on these on my 4xe, and I am buying 37’s when these are worn.

silverheep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR4xe
Are you using balancing beads? If so how much? I run 12 ounces in mine and they ride very smooth. I will never go back to stick on weights for off road tires again. As you seen, I have ripped a chunk out of one of the tires. I would hate to have to get them rebalanced all the time.
Which beads are you running? I’m tired of rebalancing!

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
He weighs 18.4 pounds. When we got him from the animal shelter, he weighed 14.5 pounds. He put on 4 pounds of muscle from the 700+ mile of running and hiking he has done with us. When we got him, he was not able to jump into our Jeep. Now he can jump in easily.
18.4 pounds???

Jeep Wrangler JL Mickey Thompson BAJA BOSS AT 20,000 mile review. IMG_1100

Daisy weighs more than that... but in her defense she does have a drinking problem... :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
yeah, i don't think the M/Ts could be considered a "hybrid" tire, though the A/Ts might be.
i might expect the M/Ts to be good at plowing through deep snow, but i certainly wouldn't expect anything with as little siping as the M/Ts have to be any good on snowy/icy roads.

as for quietness, i didn't think they were bad, but i was considering them as more of a 'mud' tire based on all the open voids. they certainly beat the stupid Firestone Muds that our Willys came with!

sounds like the A/T might be the better tire for your needs.

i didn't see where you said; again, to what were you comparing the M/Ts?

Well they appeared to be a hybrid tire, i was expecting a quieter tire and one decent in the snow , and mixed off roading ,however they got noisy fast and were really poor in the snow , i do believe you can not beat there sidewall strength . i got them right after they came out .

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
yeah, i don't think the M/Ts could be considered a "hybrid" tire, though the A/Ts might be.
i might expect the M/Ts to be good at plowing through deep snow, but i certainly wouldn't expect anything with as little siping as the M/Ts have to be any good on snowy/icy roads.

as for quietness, i didn't think they were bad, but i was considering them as more of a 'mud' tire based on all the open voids. they certainly beat the stupid Firestone Muds that our Willys came with!

sounds like the A/T might be the better tire for your needs.

i didn't see where you said; again, to what were you comparing the M/Ts?
Comparing them to my past MT tires , BF Goodrich MT, Goodyear MTR, Micky Thompson MTZ , Cooper Discoverer , and my currant Firestone MT 2 . All with limited siping . How many different brands have you ran? I have been on multiple trail runs with AT tired rigs , might work for you in the desert or on CA highways .

j_stew762

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
DT should warranty them. I had a similar balancing issue with MTZ P3s and they replaced them no questions asked.
I’m hoping it doesnt come to that, but I’m somewhat familiar with their warranty. I actually bought them through the DT profile here on the forums. Matt, the guy I was communicating with on here, was awesome in letting me know what they had in stock. I actually bought my wheels and tires both through him.