RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a pair of 7" Off Road lights sitting in the box... Waiting for the Mopar bumper bracket mounts. They must be making them out of unobtanium, similar to the material the illusive soft top storage bag is made out of. Seriously. I don't have a steel bumper, nor do I want one. So, I can't mount the winch bar and brackets for that. Granted it would seem like something I could fairly easily come up with an alternative. I'll wait a little longer... Of course, right after I come up with another solution, my brackets will ship.

Whereas some folks have the storage bag, I don't think anyone has received these brackets yet. Anyone?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
Do you or does anyone else know if these yet to be released brackets will work with the steel bumper in the same way they are supposed to work with the plastic bumper? I ask because I want to utilize that attachment method as opposed to using the winch bar.

OP
OP

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Do you or does anyone else know if these yet to be released brackets will work with the steel bumper in the same way they are supposed to work with the plastic bumper? I ask because I want to utilize that attachment method as opposed to using the winch bar.
Based on where I assume they would mount they should work the same with the either the steel or plastic bumper. It would seem - without actually seeing these elusive mounts - that they utilized the holes that the plastic trim sits snaps into on the top of the frame rail. I'm also guessing you may need to remove that trim piece. The instructions for the 7" lights, sort of show the brackets, and have them being mounted on top of the frame rails in this location..

Since my last post, I actually upgraded to the steel bumper and winch bar (guess I'm fickle...). But... still I don't want the lights mounted on the winch bar. I want them lower and off to the side, exactly where these brackets put them.

I have them on order from AllMoparParts, which has now moved back the ETA to November. Which will probably get pushed back to December...and so on.

Mopar has lights available, yet no way to mount these other than on the winch bar? Which means only on the steel bumper? Come on Mopar, what gives?

I'm still holding out hope, but may look for another option...

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have a shot of where you think they attach that would be helpful. Now that you have a steel bumper, is there still a plastic trim piece involved? I'm wondering if there's an off the shelf bracket I could adapt for the purpose.

OP
OP

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a winch, so I did not install the plastic trim piece.

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/def...ch-LED-Offroad-Light-Install-Instructions.pdf

Step 5 "option 1" shows the bracket - in cartoon form... But generally, you can see the location, between bumper and grille, top of frame rail.
Looks like an L shaped bracket. I can't imagine why that's taking so long to produce. There has got to be a way to maintain the "plastic trim" and use that bracket at the same time. The plastic trim is nice to have if you're not using a winch, keeps things neat.
Sponsored