Sponsored

Metra JP-1014 Speaker Pods? (for 2018+ JL Wrangler or Jeep Gladiator)

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Did u have to take the dash apart, like the instructions state in the Metra instructions?
Yes. Basically took apart the whole dang dash. I will say you might be able to do it without taking everything apart, but it makes it a lot easier to do that.
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Basically took apart the whole dang dash. I will say you might be able to do it without taking everything apart, but it makes it a lot easier to do that.
You can definitely remove/install the pods without taking the whole dash apart. You just have to be crafty with the pod angles on the driver's side. Passenger side is a breeze.

OP
OP

STxWrangler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
You can definitely remove/install the pods without taking the whole dash apart. You just have to be crafty with the pod angles on the driver's side. Passenger side is a breeze.
It is much easier just to take the dash apart. It is not difficult and easy to put back together.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

STxWrangler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I don't disagree. Was simply responding to the comment shared by @crackrk.
I figured that but wanted to let him know that pulling out the dash isn't that difficult and it makes the job so much easier. I tried pulling the pod out without pulling the dash and wasted a good half hour trying to figure out how to twist that thing around to get it out and could never find the way to get that done.

Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed these with 6.5s without an amp? Not sure if it's worth the trouble, but I have some speakers I got for free, so figured it couldn't hurt!
You "can" install these, but there's nowhere near enough power available from the stock radio to support quality 6.5's.

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
You "can" install these, but there's nowhere near enough power available from the stock radio to support quality 6.5's.
Fair enough... I also have a couple amps I was given as well, but was hoping (for space sake) not to have to install! Oh well... car audio upgrades are a slippery slope!

lhigham

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Hybrid
Hello all - I just realized that (with the pods) 6.5" woofers can be installed but we're stuck with the 4" built into the dash factory grill as the 6.5" grills just won't fit on/in the available space.

Did you have the same issue? How did you solve it?

Or is the sound okay even with the 4" factory grill ?

Cheers
Sponsored