Sponsored

Method Race Wheels... 701, 703, or 704? (In matte black)

Method Race Wheels... 701, 703, or 704?

• Total voters

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
thats the only thing that worries me about black methods vs other brands. I’m hoping if I ceramic coat the wheels it’ll help that out but haven’t pulled the trigger to buy them yet.

Can anyone else share their experience with the black finish over time
I have to admit my 702s did fade quite a bit here in AZ after 6 months or so. however, other than a little discoloration they were great. I would not hesitate to buy a set of Method wheels.

The only "real" issue I had with them is that the wheel lip seemed a bit soft as they did seem to scratch fairly easy on the rocks. the color is not quite matte, and not quite flat so touching up was not a perfect blend. It looked great from a few feet away though.

I am actually going to run a set of beadlocks on my 2021 due to that one issue knowing how I use my Jeep. a beadlock ring getting damaged is much less of a concern than the lip of traditional wheel. if method made a 7 series beadlock I would buy it for sure.

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone uses wheel locks? Any idea which ones will fit the 703?

Sponsored

rhjeep89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Firecracker Red
315/70R17...the KO2 measures out to be 33.5"
It's on a stock Rubicon.
get my 703 bronzes installed next week debating whether to step up to 315s. undecided whether i want 35s or 37s long term

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
get my 703 bronzes installed next week debating whether to step up to 315s. undecided whether i want 35s or 37s long term
I was back and forth with matte black or bronze....post some pics after you get them mounted on your firecracker red and make me envious!

Sponsored

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
@Okiedokie Are those Titanium finish and 0 offset? Those look great. I'd love to see a rear / front profile view to see how much they poke on a non-rubi. ;)

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
@Okiedokie Are those Titanium finish and 0 offset? Those look great. I'd love to see a rear / front profile view to see how much they poke on a non-rubi. ;)
Yes they are and thank you!

I'll post some profile pics this evening :)
Sponsored