Metalcloak Undercloak frustration - Please help

OP
OP

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Sorry but other pics were not helpful. It looks like mine needs to flipped 180 degrees. I tried that but it was worse and the mount interfered. Also your bracket looks different. You have an L at the end where it connects to the skid.

When did you get your skids? Will at Metalcloak told me they changed the design but it is not in pics. It looks like yours has a 90 degree at the end where it connects to the skid and has a curve in it, like an S. I think yours is the old style, if I am seeing right. Check the picture of the bracket I posted earlier.

Here is another pic. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Undercloak frustration - Please help Take2
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but other pics were not helpful. It looks like mine needs to flipped 180 degrees. I tried that but it was worse and the mount interfered. Also your bracket looks different. You have an L at the end where it connects to the skid.

When did you get your skids? Will at Metalcloak told me they changed the design but it is not in pics. It looks like yours has a 90 degree at the end where it connects to the skid and has a curve in it, like an S. I think yours is the old style, if I am seeing right. Check the picture of the bracket I posted earlier.

Here is another pic. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Undercloak frustration - Please help Take2
Our brackets do look different. I bought mine November 2020. Is there a hole on the other side of the mount (towards front of Jeep)? I'm sure you have looked and tried everything, but I'm running out of ideas.

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Undercloak frustration - Please help InkedTake2_LI

OP
OP

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Our brackets do look different. I bought mine November 2020. Is there a hole on the other side of the mount (towards front of Jeep)? I'm sure you have looked and tried everything, but I'm running out of ideas.
Unfortunately not. Its more of slot and I can't even get the flag nut in.

Thanks for trying, I really appreciate it. I tried to join the Metalcloak group, I hope I get accepted soon.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
N

Unfortunately not. Its more of slot and I can't even get the flag nut in.

Thanks for trying, I really appreciate it.
With as much effort you've put into it, I hate to say it seems like a hardware issue. Hopefully on Monday you can get ahold of Metalcloak and get an answer.

OP
OP

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Metalcloak confirmed I have the wrong plate. They promised to make it right, as I knew they would.

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Metalcloak confirmed I have the wrong plate. They promised to make it right, as I knew they would.
Good to know it was their fault and not yours! Hopefully it won't take to long getting to you up there in Canada.

OP
OP

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
I have a US shipping address about 1 hour away so usually not a problem. The only difference is a hole location and a little more centred drain plug hole. I may just drill it.

I hate to have one shipped, they are good people and seems like a waste. ON the flip side drilling those plates won't be easy and then i need to paint to protect from rust. No great options.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a US shipping address about 1 hour away so usually not a problem. The only difference is a hole location and a little more centred drain plug hole. I may just drill it.

I hate to have one shipped, they are good people and seems like a waste. ON the flip side drilling those plates won't be easy and then i need to paint to protect from rust. No great options.
No it won't be easy, you'll burn through a few drill bits probably. And then you'll never get a paint match with their coating. Not all manufacturers are perfect, at least they're handling quickly.

I had a rear driveshaft shipped from Northridge 4x4 and didn't notice it was the wrong one until 3 weeks after it was delivered. Turned out they sent me a rear DS for a TJ, which is only about â…“ the length of a rear JL DS. They had Adams's Custom DS drop ship me one right away.

It's easy to get disgruntled with a company who makes a mistake and their customer service sucks. But I give kudos to those who make it right and take care of their customers.
Sponsored