Sponsored

Metalcloak, Synergy, Teraflex for track bars & LCA's to improve steering?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I put the Mopar lift LCAs on my non-lifted JLR. They are ¼” longer than the stock LCAs and got my caster from 4.3 to 6 and that made a big difference. I went with the Mopar because they were cheaper and thought that the dealer wouldn’t be able to tell that I swapped them out, which was true. I wish now that I had gotten the MC LCAs to try a little more caster.
Throw set of uppers in there and adjust your Caster. Metal Cloak recommends uppers and they even include uppers in their 2.5” Dual Rate. The only thing I don't understand is when I asked them about control arms they responded you have already have Mopar lowers so just go with our uppers and adjust caster from there. I guess I’m confused because in order to increase caster with uppers we have to go shorter than the stock uppers. Not many adjustable uppers go shorter then stock uppers, Metal clock included. Anyone use any of Clayton off-road products? Great price point for all eight control arms, love their a local New England company
Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm the OP here... I'm going to chip away at little simple things starting with front and rear track bars (probably Teraflex or MC). Then slightly longer LCA'S so I can get caster in the 6-7 degree range. Then 4 new Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP shocks to compliment my Fox ATS SS.

Shy of the above, it's FCA's legal responsibility to determine and execute proper warranty replacement parts if it ultimately turns out to be the steering box...of which mine is currently the latest one FCA offers.

And again, I am not lifting my JLUR.
Are you trying to convince yourself you’re not lifting your Rubi lol. I said that for the first 180 miles myself, two lifts later FMl lol

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Before I lifted caster was 4.9, Mopar lift at 6, drives great but need more. I’m starting with front upper and lower Synergy arms and waiting on Santa for the rear.
What are you running for control arms? I did order a set of synergy arms but I’m seriously considering Clayton off road instead

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
FCA Should be counting their lucky stars to have owners like us who spend $55K plus on a vehicle only to fix it themselves. Shit, the upper structural support beam inside my door separated and I hear a constant clicking noise every time I open the door, it’s madding. It’s actually becoming a pretty big issue and FCA is replacing doors and repainting them, Hell no! I’m taking my door apart as we speak to either glue it back in place or cut it out altogether. Again, no other brand has owners like us who are willing to do this much work outside the box on a brand new vehicle that cost this much money. It’s definitely a Jeep thing!!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I agree with most of this except the caster. Different vehicles are designed with different caster angles. The pinion on the jeep is set up for higher caster. It doesn't mask anything. It's literally the fix for a lot of issues. Jeeps have had factory caster angles of 6+ degrees for decades. The caster on your truck and cars is irrelevant.
You're right, of course. My truck and cars are irrelevant. I'm lucky I don't have a lot of issues that more caster is literally the fix for.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hydro you say??

Hydro assist you say, hmm! Who’s doing it? Redneck? Definitely share the install when you get it done, I’m really not that far behind you. I like the idea of buying another box and keeping the sock one intact.
I got the box in and hooked it up, it’s nice to have helper for this one as it’s lots to line up and well some of it a bit heavy. All my steering issues are gone. No dead space. I did buy the newest AE model box and sent it to Redneck.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Im no expert on all the various brands. I am however very happy with Rock Krawler items ive installed. Im at 7 degrees of caster.
Its like a whole different jeep.
I’m considering rock Krawler front LCAs, however my biggest concern is tire clearance at full lock, most LCAs have this bend towards the inside for better tire clearance. I can’t find any images of the Rock Krawler having this “bend”, I know they have a bend upwards to clear obstacles. Just want to confirm, thanks!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m considering rock Krawler front LCAs, however my biggest concern is tire clearance at full lock, most LCAs have this bend towards the inside for better tire clearance. I can’t find any images of the Rock Krawler having this “bend”, I know they have a bend upwards to clear obstacles. Just want to confirm, thanks!
They don't bend in, only up. If you go on their install instructions they give minimum recommended backspacing for each size tire based on lift and model.

Sponsored

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
They don't bend in, only up. If you go on their install instructions they give minimum recommended backspacing for each size tire based on lift and model.
What he said ! Mine drives so much better i will deal with a slight rub and slight loss of turn radius.
It would be nice if they were bent, i love narrow wheels.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
What he said ! Mine drives so much better i will deal with a slight rub and slight loss of turn radius.
It would be nice if they were bent, i love narrow wheels.
You can adjust your steering stops to eliminate the rub.

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
You can adjust your steering stops to eliminate the rub.
Thanks, i did not even think of that.
Its not a real problem, they barely rub. But if i ever went to a 12.50 that would be good.