MetalCloak Suspension options

brewcrew

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Punk'n
I am looking at a MetalCloak 2.5 inch lift. My question is to those who have lift experience. The game changers edition lift is $730 more than Rocksport edition. The question is, if I go with the Rocksport edition will I likely end up investing in the parts to make it a Gamechanger. That would cost $1100. So do i make the early investment? Or will I likely stay without the control arms?
Thanks
Sponsored

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Me personally I’d go with the control arms. If your close on caster already lifting it will make it suck to drive. Get the arms and get things set up right and be happy.

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
Depends.... once you have the springs in its not much to swap arms out... its actually pretty easy. this assumes you are doing the work yourself which seems to be increasingly rare on this forum.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Kevin better hurry and decide while they have the free shipping and 10% off. Get the 2.5 game changer then if you decide you want more lift you can change out the springs and make few adjustments throw on a drivline and your good:like:

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
I have yet to see a 2.5” lift throw caster out of the green. Steering might be a little lighter but not unbearable. As the other guy said, the arms are easy and can be done on the ground with a buddies help, metalcloak springs would be tough without a lift just because they are so much longer than most other springs without weight on them, so greeting the axle to drop far enough can be a challenge. The drawback would be that you will double spend on alignments.
Sponsored