Sponsored

Metalcloak Sportgate Fail

Frank013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well to close the loop on this, I had a couple conversations with Metalcloak. My situation was a bit convoluted cause I had just bought there lift and had issues with what was packaged with it and had some back and forth on it to get is corrected (took a full week and a few deliveries to get it right, had to tear into my lift 3 times).

For the tire carrier, I called and canceled, didn’t even want to bring up the reason, they said no problem and would cancel the order that day. By the next day I didn’t see the refund. I asked my wife to call and to shorted the story she didn’t get a reply I was pleased with. (Oh we forgot but we will get it today).

I called back and after a quick explanation of my frustration with the situations I was put on the phone with one of their co-founders.

We had a good discussion about current market situation, struggles with the supply chain and everyone stretched thin. I’m in construction and can relate to what they are experiencing.

A key note on the carrier is they are trying to streamline their line to fit as broad an audience as possible vs having a ton of “a-la cart” options. Leading them to removing the camera cover. (Cover doesn’t work with the Jeep wheels, without it fits anything)

It is definitely an area of improvement to notify buyers quickly of changes to designs so we can chose if the new product will work vs. the realization when it arrives.

But at the end of the day with both my lift as well as the tire carrier Metalcloak was quick to remedy the situation. But we did talk about improvements on following up on issues and closing the loop. No one is perfect, it is in how an issue that is handled that makes the difference.

My conversation with him placed a renewed faith in Metalcloak. Some times having a frank honest conversation with someone where they are willing to listen and your willing to hear the other side makes a significant difference on the outcome. Can’t say if that would be the same for everyone or if everyone would have the same resulting feelings, but I wanted to share none the less.

I was also impressed he send me a email the next day following up on how everything was handled and notifying me of his discussion with the team.
Sponsored

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the conclusion is there is no protection for the camera anymore?

If that’s the case, I’m going to call tomorrow and cancel my order.

OP
OP
Fouts

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
I guess it helps to speak with the right person. I didn't feel good at all after speaking with their representative and it has really soured me on Metalcloak. In my situation they actually misrepresented what they sold me, then gave me no real recourse. A discount on future purchases is not a real solution. Now I have to buy a new camera and figure a way to protect it. They can complain all they want about supply chain, but they are making money hand over fist and customer service should be part of the deal. I will no longer shop with Metalcloak.

Frank013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks like the carrier has been pulled from their website, maybe a redesign, fouts did yours get resolved?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fouts

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
Looks like the carrier has been pulled from their website, maybe a redesign, fouts did yours get resolved?
No. I was given the brush off. And as I said they only offered a discount on future purchase for my trouble. I will not buy from them again which I am a bit disappointed as I think they generally make a good product but with no customer service no way.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Well to close the loop on this, I had a couple conversations with Metalcloak. My situation was a bit convoluted cause I had just bought there lift and had issues with what was packaged with it and had some back and forth on it to get is corrected (took a full week and a few deliveries to get it right, had to tear into my lift 3 times).

For the tire carrier, I called and canceled, didn’t even want to bring up the reason, they said no problem and would cancel the order that day. By the next day I didn’t see the refund. I asked my wife to call and to shorted the story she didn’t get a reply I was pleased with. (Oh we forgot but we will get it today).

I called back and after a quick explanation of my frustration with the situations I was put on the phone with one of their co-founders.

We had a good discussion about current market situation, struggles with the supply chain and everyone stretched thin. I’m in construction and can relate to what they are experiencing.

A key note on the carrier is they are trying to streamline their line to fit as broad an audience as possible vs having a ton of “a-la cart” options. Leading them to removing the camera cover. (Cover doesn’t work with the Jeep wheels, without it fits anything)

It is definitely an area of improvement to notify buyers quickly of changes to designs so we can chose if the new product will work vs. the realization when it arrives.

But at the end of the day with both my lift as well as the tire carrier Metalcloak was quick to remedy the situation. But we did talk about improvements on following up on issues and closing the loop. No one is perfect, it is in how an issue that is handled that makes the difference.

My conversation with him placed a renewed faith in Metalcloak. Some times having a frank honest conversation with someone where they are willing to listen and your willing to hear the other side makes a significant difference on the outcome. Can’t say if that would be the same for everyone or if everyone would have the same resulting feelings, but I wanted to share none the less.

I was also impressed he send me a email the next day following up on how everything was handled and notifying me of his discussion with the team.
Mason is a good guy from all my dealings with him.

They are in California so a bit laid back and more relaxed attitude versus rest of the US - I notice this with also some of our work related partners in Cali. Things don't always get the urgency the rest of us feel they should.

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odd, I recently installed this carrier and MetalCloak was great about acknowledging there is definitely an issue with the way the camera mounts.

I was told they are working on a redesign. Overall it's a great product, the camera mount/protection/aesthetics need a bit of help.
Sponsored