limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
FYI - I replaced the lights and the new cable harness is a much improved and cleaner assembly. It has a Mopar connector now. No more crimping.

MetalCloak Fender Flare Cable.jpg
Thanks, I saw somewhere they had these new lights out, but have been too busy to call and get a set. I really need to do this!!
Sponsored

Anthony120

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2-door
Does anyone know if you can go back to stock fenders after putting these on? I found a second-hand set and was wondering if this was one of those situations where you can't undo it.

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Clubs

Does anyone know if you can go back to stock fenders after putting these on? I found a second-hand set and was wondering if this was one of those situations where you can't undo it.
Yes. You can go back to stock fenders. MetalCloak does not cut off the fender support arms. MetalCloak uses existing holes in the body increasing their size to 3/8" and uses bolts with washers and nuts in the body. The plastic tabs used by the OEM fenders that fit in these holes are 5/8" so they should still work (but probably not as secure as the original since the holes were increased). The OEM bolts that secure the fenders to the two support arms will work as they originally did. I started to install my Overland fenders, ran into a time issue, and had to re-install my OEM fender. There were no problems.

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Just a heads up on the rivnut install, McMaster sells a hand tool to make it way easy and with little variability in case you plan on doing a few installs. (I find more and more aftermarket companies are going this way).

ECA2F3A6-217B-4CCD-92C7-CC703A873446.png

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Wow, chore is right.
Drilling is the easy part..

The fenders are a tight fit due to having to align 10 holes perfectly. 4 resulting from your rivnut insert drilling..

Leaving them all loose to start helps. I also found an issue with the instructions. MC said I was the first to notice...

Basically the lowest point that bolts to the pinch seam doesn't need drilling contrary to what the instructions say... You can use the oem 10mm. Though MC sent extra 3/8 bolts to make things right... I've seen pics showing 3/8 bolts in there anyway..

Also some super tight spots where you will struggle to get a nut held..

Figured out a trick with duck tape for those..

Plus I had to bend the fender at the very front as it was hitting the body preventing things lining up.

But super solid. I would hate to have to remove them ever again.

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak Overland Fender Flares installation notes 20221120_175255

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I don't know if i want these or the road armor fenders. did yall like the road armor ones also ? I don't know f i can get used to the little ball up front .and it seems it dosst cover as much as the road armor fenders. what do yall honestly think about the road armor are they to square ?