br0m0sapien

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I have a set of method 701s with 4.75 backspacing, 0 offset and i just ordered the metalcloak 2.5 with the outboard shocks. I know they say less than 4.50 for backspacing, but they had the same recommendation for the jk and we have axles that are 2” wider. Does anyone have experience running this setup? Ive read that its not great on the jk but what about the jl?
Sponsored

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the 702s with the same backspacing. I don't have a problem hitting the shock mounts but I do rub the sway bar links when I'm aired down.

OP
OP
br0m0sapien

br0m0sapien

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited sport s
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same MC setup with +12 wheels. I haven’t been off-road with it yet but I will tomorrow. Nothing rubbing in daily driving.
Wow thats alot more! Definitely makes me feel better. I saw some people are mounting the swaybar links inboard, did you end up doing that?

OP
OP
br0m0sapien

br0m0sapien

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited sport s
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 702s with the same backspacing. I don't have a problem hitting the shock mounts but I do rub the sway bar links when I'm aired down.
What size tires are you running?

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Wow thats alot more! Definitely makes me feel better. I saw some people are mounting the swaybar links inboard, did you end up doing that?
So I’m wheeling it for the first time with the most recent mods. This is how I’ve got my links mounted. In the last photo notice a little bit of rubbing on the bolt head. I have been on more challenging trails than I’ve done before (4 out of 5 diamonds) but so far so good.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m wheeling it for the first time with the most recent mods. This is how I’ve got my links mounted. In the last photo notice a little bit of rubbing on the bolt head. I have been on more challenging trails than I’ve done before (4 out of 5 diamonds) but so far so good.

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak outboard shocks backspacing for jl image

On mine , I put the head of the bolt on the inner fender side without the washer, should give you extra 3/8” or so clearance. It might not stop it , but if nothing else it will reduce it.