Sponsored

MetalCloak M220 Rear Differential Skid Plate (DSP)

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Thanks...I'm curious....in what setup was the relo bracket causing clearance issues?
Here’s some pics I took a week or two ago for a fellow member

Brett

849A374B-193C-4EB0-B9F7-B4ADC88D9EA0.jpeg

1CE11194-0F96-4303-BD90-30DBB99D7955.jpeg
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

the MC diff cover is a work of art and is an easy peasy install

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Interesting...I have a 2.5" lift and my stock rear trackbar clears the exhaust no prob with the RK relo bracket. The issue is I want to add the MC rear diff skid

@ChattVol. I tried to install the RK bracket with the MK skid. It’s a no go. I have the Teraflex bracket sitting in my garage now but the MK 3.5 trackbar is to long to use with the bracket. But like others had said I found no issues with the current location. MK did tell me they recommend a crawler exhaust if I did add the bracket to the lift and use the swaybar spacers.

I just need to get an adjustable trackbar and currently don’t see a need.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
@ChattVol. I tried to install the RK bracket with the MK skid. It’s a no go. I have the Teraflex bracket sitting in my garage now but the MK 3.5 trackbar is to long to use with the bracket. But like others had said I found no issues with the current location. MK did tell me they recommend a crawler exhaust if I did add the bracket to the lift and use the swaybar spacers.

I just need to get an adjustable trackbar and currently don’t see a need.
Thanks for the feedback...I've been talking to some long time wheelers and watching recent youtube video's of tough offroading by folks like Bleepin Jeep, Lite Brite and JK Gear and Gadgets. None of these folks are currently running rear diff skids and they are pushing their rigs significantly harder than I would. They're running beefed up diff covers, sliders, belly skids and no rear diff skid. The rear m220 diff on the jl doesn't have the exposed drain plug on the bottom like the front diff and the lower portion of the rear diff that would drag is extremely stout and can take a ton of abuse.(looks like about 3/4" thick steel when I looked at it when upgrading the diff covers) According to the folks I've talked to, the rear diff skid is more of a recent trend and the front diff and rear LCA's are much more in need of a skid bc of the exposed plug location. Food for thought..

Sponsored

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Thanks for the feedback...I've been talking to some long time wheelers and watching recent youtube video's of tough offroading by folks like Bleepin Jeep, Lite Brite and JK Gear and Gadgets. None of these folks are currently running rear diff skids and they are pushing their rigs significantly harder than I would. They're running beefed up diff covers, sliders, belly skids and no rear diff skid. The rear m220 diff on the jl doesn't have the exposed drain plug on the bottom like the front diff and the lower portion of the rear diff that would drag is extremely stout and can take a ton of abuse.(looks like about 3/4" thick steel when I looked at it when upgrading the diff covers) According to the folks I've talked to, the rear diff skid is more of a recent trend and the front diff and rear LCA's are much more in need of a skid bc of the exposed plug location. Food for thought..

I love the MK skid I use it all the time on the trail, maybe when I get 40’s I won’t hit/use it as much. Saved me a bunch of issues while on the Rubicon trail this summer. I don’t have a re-enforced diff cover, with the skid I feel I don’t need it.

plus like others have said it is a work of art for sure. Kevin and Brittany ran one up until they upgraded to the D80.

just my thought on it

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I love the MK skid I use it all the time on the trail, maybe when I get 40’s I won’t hit/use it as much. Saved me a bunch of issues while on the Rubicon trail this summer. I don’t have a re-enforced diff cover, with the skid I feel I don’t need it.

plus like others have said it is a work of art for sure. Kevin and Brittany ran one up until they upgraded to the D80.

just my thought on it
Glad you feel it's helped...different strokes..

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Not debating but I know of one who at one time ran one. Not sure if they still do.

20190917_211942.jpg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We run one and it’s saved the rear diff from some pretty nasty scrapes. Just one of those things I consider cheap insurance.

Brett

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I like those. It looks like they have Front and rear offerings now, but they're both listed under rear??
Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing the front skid. I think they said recently on facebook that a front was coming soon, though. If they do have a front, I'd like to order it asap.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing the front skid. I think they said recently on facebook that a front was coming soon, though. If they do have a front, I'd like to order it asap.
You're right. My bad. I was at the end of my shift waiting for passdown. It looked like the first picture on the page was actually a front axle because it looked like there was a tie rod in front of the differential and I saw the swaybar brackets as part of a steering knuckle. Like I said, it was a long shift.
Sponsored