Sponsored

Metalcloak JLU Wrangler Crawler "Narrow Width" Rear Bumper...vs...JLU Wrangler "Full Width" Rear Bumper

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
@Metalcloak

I am shopping for a rear bumper to eliminate/help eliminate the known flaw of the stock JLU rear steel bumper impacting the body when getting a solid hit from beneath. Can you tell me if the "full width" is structurally better able to solve this issue than the "narrow width"? Or are they both identical in their ability to protect from beneath? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
One of my first mods was deleting the stock rear and replacing with a high & tight Alum. GenRight 2-1/2 years ago. It is very thin in the corners and I've banged the bottom a few times with no issues from hits to the bumper. I did slide back into a tree on the drivers corner. Smashed the tail light, which now sticks out farther than the bumper. So there is that, Haha, now I need a flush mount tailights.

Last edited:

Matsonian

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Matson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
@Aonar Thank you for reaching out... both models of bumper have the same capability to take a hard hit and protect the body of your rig.

Sponsored

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation