First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
Installed the Metalcloak JL Inner Fender Liners w/ black powdercoat. They arrived very nicely packaged with good instructions online and via YT videos. Overall they are what you'd expect from Metalcloak, however there are a few things that caught me off-guard and were not covered in the online instructions or in the YouTube videos.

First, they only give you 4 button head bolts to use for mounting the fenders to the top of the frame. You will need 4 more (these should be included in the kit) so I had to run to the hardware store to source 4 more 3/8 - 16 bolts to mount the big bracket to the Jeep.

Second, the "tool" they give you to install the rivet nuts is just a bolt. Like, how can they call it an "included tool?" Whatever, do yourself a favor and get a proper rivet nut tool if you plan to do this.

Overall they look great and are very solid construction, it just makes me weary of buying anything else Metalcloak in the future.

o4Yrlf5l.jpg
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Did you contact them about the missing hardware? I stripped a bolt that I grabbed incorrectly and cross threaded it (metric and standard don’t mix with a big impact) they overnighted me what I messed up without question. I was just needed the rivnut specs to source locally.

Secondly, the “tool” is what most folks will need for a one time use. I have two rivnut tools that make life much easier but most wont want to spend $80+ for something that isn’t used frequently

Brett

OP
OP
sprayingmango

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
Did you contact them about the missing hardware? I stripped a bolt that I grabbed incorrectly and cross threaded it (metric and standard don’t mix with a big impact) they overnighted me what I messed up without question. I was just needed the rivnut specs to source locally.

Secondly, the “tool” is what most folks will need for a one time use. I have two rivnut tools that make life much easier but most wont want to spend $80+ for something that isn’t used frequently

Brett
I did try calling them 3 times yesterday, it kept going to the voicemail. That has been another issue, I've tried calling them multiple times over the past week and have only got 1 person on the phone. Otherwise, it tells me "we are either on the other line or out in the shop. Thanks and have a nice day." ugh.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I did try calling them 3 times yesterday, it kept going to the voicemail. That has been another issue, I've tried calling them multiple times over the past week and have only got 1 person on the phone. Otherwise, it tells me "we are either on the other line or out in the shop. Thanks and have a nice day." ugh.
Check your pm. I’ll give you my contact there

Brett