Metalcloak HD Steering kit won’t work with Fox Stabilizer

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Alright, I need help. The shop just installed my MC Gamechanger. I also did the MC HD steering kit. It did come with a rock sport stabilizer but I wanted to install a Fox ATS 2.0 stabilizer. He just called me and said it won’t work so he’s installing the Rocksport. I haven’t seen it yet and won’t till tomorrow night. Why won’t the Fox mount up with that kit? Has anyone used the Fox with this kit? If so, what parts do I need to order? Thanks.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
The clamps probably a different size, or you need a relocation bracket, dont know otherwise why he cant make it work, it would have to be one of those

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has the MC relocation bracket and clamp. That’s why I’m confused. Hoping someone reads this that’s done what I’ve done.

rrsontag

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I've got the metal cloak steering setup with relocation and a fox stabilizer. Give me a minute, I'll get you a pic.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it with ATS? Thank you.

Sponsored

rrsontag

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ah man, sorry I missed it being an ATS. I just have the fox 2.0.

That said I think the issue may be the bolt that replaces the track bar bolt is too long and will contact the draglink at a full left turn. The MC draglink doesn't curve out as far as some other kits.

I had a synergy relocation kit that had the same issue, and the FOX ATS trackbar bolt is even longer. I ended up going with the MC relocation kit, which won't work with pass through stabilizers.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That said I think the issue may be the bolt that replaces the track bar bolt is too long and will contact the draglink at a full left turn. The MC draglink doesn't curve out as far as some other kits.

I had a synergy relocation kit that had the same issue, and the FOX ATS trackbar bolt is even longer. I ended up going with the MC relocation kit, which won't work with pass through stabilizers.
well that sucks. I guess we will see how good the rocksport stabilzer is.

rrsontag

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
well that sucks. I guess we will see how good the rocksport stabilzer is.
Well I ran the rocksport for about 2k and then replaced it (and several other things) as a apart of my mission to cure death wobble. It wasn't the issue, so I have no complaints. It's neutral, and noticeably easier to compress/expand than the FOX 2.0 I changed to.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

The issue here is the OP is starting with the "JL" version of the ATS, and not the JK version.

Once you get the JL axle side bracket off that side will bolt to the MC billet clamp no issue and bolt on (or the FOX or Synergy 1 5/8 clamps work too)

On the new axle side (by the lower trackbar mount) you can use either the Synergy trackbar thru bolt style, or the MC relocation bracket. The FOX trackbar thru bolt doesn't work as the other post mentions as it's too long - unless you cut the excess threads off and it's then fine. As the OP is starting with the JL ATS he didn't get the FOX thru bolt.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
The issue here is the OP is starting with the "JL" version of the ATS, and not the JK version.

Once you get the JL axle side bracket off that side will bolt to the MC billet clamp no issue and bolt on (or the FOX or Synergy 1 5/8 clamps work too)

On the new axle side (by the lower trackbar mount) you can use either the Synergy trackbar thru bolt style, or the MC relocation bracket. The FOX trackbar thru bolt doesn't work as the other post mentions as it's too long - unless you cut the excess threads off and it's then fine. As the OP is starting with the JL ATS he didn't get the FOX thru bolt.
I've though of modifying mine to use with aftermarket steering but haven't looked it at it closely enough to see if it's possible to easily convert.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this look right? I’ve seen some that do float on that bolt. Is that going to be a problem?
AFE193ED-B7C9-48C4-A414-D8A2F0060595.jpeg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Does this look right? I’ve seen some that do float on that bolt. Is that going to be a problem?
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak HD Steering kit won’t work with Fox Stabilizer AFE193ED-B7C9-48C4-A414-D8A2F0060595
Does it move around? Appear to bind? That eyelet should rotate/flex a bit so you should be fine but sort of odd how the MC bracket is so crooked.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No binding. I’ve put about 150 miles on it and no issues with steering.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the alignment look correct?
5724B6CB-1B36-45D8-A0CF-0F806C20EDAF.jpeg