Sponsored

Metalcloak GameChanger on JLUR?

LostAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey everyone,
For those of you with the MC GC on a Rubicon...how is everyday drivability? I am currently debating between Mopar lift and 37's...or the MC GC Rocksport and 37s. I would like to keep my current quality of pavement driving if at all possible.
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just put my 3.5 GC (rocksport) on - i like the way it rides. Seems less stiff than the stock Rubi suspension, which i like. For 3.5 + 37s, i like the ride. Of course it will float a little, but it's lifted. I also upgraded steering stuff, which i would recommend doing, just to stay ahead of any possible issues. Have yet to go off-road (will need a front driveshaft), but pavement is nice.

Matsonian

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Matson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Biased opinion here... ;-)

In designing our lift kits, we focus on the daily driver experience first. Building something that has the best flex off road but is carefully balanced with on road drive-ability and performance. From the vibration dampening of the Duroflex joints to the stability of the True Dual Rate coils, each component works together as a system to give you the comfort and safety you need with the off road performance you desire.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
The GC has a better ride than stock and handled great. I drive mine back to back with my wife’s stock (current but lift is in the shop) and there’s a substantial difference in tire quality

Brett

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I have the 2.5 Rocksport GC on my JLUR and I absolutely love the ride on road, and the flex this thing provides is awesome for off road. I actually got DW 2x before my lift and haven't gotten it since.
BANTAM 1.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

LostAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks everyone! Now to decide if I want the 2.5 or 3.5. Unfortunately I live in Pittsburgh so...parking garage heights of 6.5' or so. Has anyone ever measured before/after the 2.5 and 3.5 lift to see actual lift? I know Mopar lift states 2" and most end up getting 3".

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I netted between 3.5 and 4 if I recall correctly, with the 2.5

I guess you need to ask yourself what size tires do u plan on running? If you are considering 37 then I’d go 3.5. If you want 35’s (that what I currently have) go 2.5

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That being said I’m considering moving to 37’s but before I upgrade my coils I’m going to probably get the fender led and inner fender kit from American adventure lab. They say that will give you an additional 3 inches inside the wheel well

Sponsored