Sponsored

MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Absolutely. Probably many other vehicles as well.
Thanks, I just ordered them.

What brake line relocation kit do you recommend for JL and is it worth getting extended stainless steel lines?

I am installing a MC 2.5” game changer kit with their drive shaft on my 2020 Jeep Willys. I want a brake line relocation kit even if it’s over kill.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I just ordered them.

What brake line relocation kit do you recommend for JL and is it worth getting extended stainless steel lines?

I am installing a MC 2.5” game changer kit with their drive shaft on my 2020 Jeep Willys. I want a brake line relocation kit even if it’s over kill.
When I installed my lift in 2019 I searched for new, longer brake lines and none existed. For all my prior jeeps I always needed longer ones. I have the 3.5” lift and have tested it out extensively in my garage and on the trail. The stock brake lines are plenty long once you adjust the brackets per the MC instructions. Bend the bracket in the rear is all it took.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'll personally never run extended SS lines again after experiencing failures (bursts) and seeing how easily they pull apart if stretched.

OEM rubber lines are SURPRISINGLY durable.

I had no inkling of a need for any further relocation with my MC GC 2.5", but it's your money and your rig to build as you choose....

Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
I'll personally never run extended SS lines again after experiencing failures (bursts) and seeing how easily they pull apart if stretched.

OEM rubber lines are SURPRISINGLY durable.

I had no inkling of a need for any further relocation with my MC GC 2.5", but it's your money and your rig to build as you choose....
I realized I used the wrong term. What I meant was Hand Brake relocation bracket. I was looking at the synergy one.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I realized I used the wrong term. What I meant was Hand Brake relocation bracket. I was looking at the synergy one.
You don’t need anything to relocate the ebrake, just reroute them. 4:30 of this video shows how.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
^^^I didn't watch the video above, but yeah per advice from Rustyshakel and probably others, I just shoved the parking brake cables in front of the rear xmember back there. Presumably that's also what the video shows. Works great.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
You don’t need anything to relocate the ebrake, just reroute them. 4:30 of this video shows how.

It is still not a bad idea to secure these cables, Rancho makes a great relocation bracket: Part # RS62136, cost only about $30. If you do use one of these, just drop the bolt from the top of bracket as I did and not from the bottom.

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions IMG_1238

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It is still not a bad idea to secure these cables, Rancho makes a great relocation bracket: Part # RS62136, cost only about $30. If you do use one of these, just drop the bolt from the top of bracket as I did and not from the bottom.

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions IMG_1238
That works. I just used a Velcro strap to support them.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
this thing looks WolfCaves ready!

didnt keep up with the whole thread. You decide on 37” Pats?
You seem really eager to break my Jeep. :LOL:
Yes, Northridge had a deal too good to pass up on the 37” Pats. Maybe I’ll try the Ridge Grapplers next.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
You seem really eager to break my Jeep. :LOL:
Yes, Northridge had a deal too good to pass up on the 37” Pats. Maybe I’ll try the Ridge Grapplers next.
On the contrary, I’m not one to want to break or have someone in our group break...that just stalls the amount of trails I can run through. I tell my buddy with the red JK to always watch my lines because I don’t want to break or damage the body.

Jeep looks killer bud!

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
img_20190813_132220446_ll-jpg.jpg

That looks like a nice set up. I guess you have to know you are going to do that before you cut the bracket off the brake line and it's too late to use the bracket as you did.
I don't recall now which ones they direct you to remove. There's another one further up the line I cut but again Rustyshakel and others have provided better advice on how to pry it apart and remove it. Really wish I had done this, it just bugs me that it's still there and I get a weird clunking on bumps which I almost think is this little metal band hitting my control arm. Visible directly under the plastic wire loom here:

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions 20210103_100739
Sponsored