Sponsored

MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
OK,
I am not trying to convince anyone that these Teraflex items are causing issues, but I am asking if there are any other brake line stand off products that might be a candidate for comparison and perhaps offer another choice?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
OK,
I am not trying to convince anyone that these Teraflex items are causing issues, but I am asking if there are any other brake line stand off products that might be a candidate for comparison and perhaps offer another choice?
It’s just not a type of part that needs that much effort. It’s not like comparing shocks. It’s a simple $22 thing with a simple job. That’s all we’re saying.

For what it’s worth, I’ve not seen any other similar product. I’m not a fan of TF and I still bought this thing when I learned of it lol

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I appreciate what you guys are saying, and appreciate that you explained that there might not be any other product to compare this too. I wasn't aware of these stand offs until following this thread.

Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yes, that’s the right part. They don’t provide any solution other than to tell you to make sure there’s enough slack to fully flex without straining it and to place and secure it where it won’t be damaged during driving. Then leave you to figure out how to best do that.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that’s the right part. They don’t provide any solution other than to tell you to make sure there’s enough slack to fully flex without straining it and to place and secure it where it won’t be damaged during driving. Then leave you to figure out how to best do that.
They do recommend using a zip tie to secure the existing brake like bracket to the spring perch. I did that but getting it tight is not really feasible, and it doesn't have the security of the second bracket that you have to pry/cut off.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
That little bracket from Teraflex looks like a good solution if using the relocation brackets.

I'm running Fox shocks and opted not to use the shock relocation brackets. The shocks were angled out a lot with the brackets on and it seemed like it was putting a lot of stress on the bushings. Maybe it would not have been an issue though. I flexed it out somewhat on the jacks and it doesnt look like the shocks will hit the frame but I'll keep an eye on them.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I love this thread for these nuggets of info. Better to learn from others experiences than to struggle on my own. definitely getting those brake line brackets. Thanks for sharing this!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I love this thread for these nuggets of info. Better to learn from others experiences than to struggle on my own. definitely getting those brake line brackets. Thanks for sharing this!
This is how I got the factory bracket off the brake line, just be careful not to pinch the line........

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions CBAAB768-A4A6-419D-86F5-6D316C471776

Sponsored

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I cut about 2/3 the way through mine using a Dremel with cutoff wheel. That weakened it enough to be able to pry it open easily.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
After 3 weeks working on this install on and off (mostly off) I’m just about finished. All that’s left to do is torque a few bolts in the rear and then track bar adjustment and alignment. It is NOT a 3 week project, I have probably spent about 11-13 actual hours working on it altogether over that span. I am working alone outside without a lift. I took my time. I had work and weather delays and some days I just didn’t feel like working on it.

Even with the rear not completely torqued to spec I took it for a quick shakedown spin around the block. So far, so good.

Just to check that I’m correct, shortening the front track bar pulls the axle toward the driver side, correct? Opposite in the rear?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
After 3 weeks working on this install on and off (mostly off) I’m just about finished. All that’s left to do is torque a few bolts in the rear and then track bar adjustment and alignment. It is NOT a 3 week project, I have probably spent about 11-13 actual hours working on it altogether over that span. I am working alone outside without a lift. I took my time. I had work and weather delays and some days I just didn’t feel like working on it.

Even with the rear not completely torqued to spec I took it for a quick shakedown spin around the block. So far, so good.

Just to check that I’m correct, shortening the front track bar pulls the axle toward the driver side, correct? Opposite in the rear?
Correct on track bars but I believe you are too far to driver on front now after lift. So you would want to lengthen to push axle to passenger side on front. :like:
Sponsored