Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Got it. Your replacing some components, not a complete replacement of all the lift kit components. Since you’re replacing arms that are already dialed in it’s not that hard to take one out, set the new arm to the exact same length as the one it’s replacing and bolt it in.
Oh no, I am systematically replacing a complete system that I built around the Dynatrac lift, and going even deeper along the way. None of it works with the amount of flex that Metalcloak is known for. Even their own coils can't keep up with the travel of the 6-packs, which is why I'm probably going to replace them with 4.5" Rock Krawler springs, unless Metalcloak starts making some.

Also, I found out that my caster was a bit high, back when I had the new steering box installed. So, I shortened the Metalcloak lowers an 1/8" compared to what I had Synergy's set to. And to minimize the amount of tire hitting the rear pinch seam, I shortened all 4 rear arms by 1/4".

If anyone outside of this community knew what I was putting into my Jeep, they'd have me committed. :CWL:
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve decided to let mine hit the frame for now, it’s not constricting flex. I’m not sure that anti rocks are that great for DD. Mottos got one on the rear, he says it’s not bad, but he’s also on a 12” lift, so not really apples to apples......I look forward to your feedback if you go that route. ..... 😎
It's one of the few things that have been in the back of my mind for months now, that I've been hesitant about because I didn't want the Jeep to feel too loose on road. But this video just recently released has me swaying back towards it. Pun intended. 😆 They even voice the same concerns as us, and end up pleasantly surprised about its on road handling. The video also shows and explains that having them on both the front and back helps them to function better and more balanced. An added perk to never worrying about disconnecting, is being able to remove the disconnect motor and lower bumper skid for less weight and more approach angle clearance.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Has anyone gotten the metal cloak rock sport steering stabilizer? If so, thoughts? Trying to decide between that and something more expensive like the fox ts one.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
For those who got the front driveshaft, did you go with Adams or Metalcloack. Is there really a difference between the 2 of them? is install easy?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For those who got the front driveshaft, did you go with Adams or Metalcloack. Is there really a difference between the 2 of them? is install easy?
I’ve got Adams , no issues. I don’t know if MC used Adams in the beginning or not, but there’s a lot of guys from the early days with first out kits ( 2018 ) that are using Adams on their MC GC lifts.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have MC. There’s probably not much if any difference in quality. The MC shaft has a groove for the rubber seal at the yoke. Adams does not, you simply uses a dab of RTV on the splines. Both ways work.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I’ve got Adams , no issues. I don’t know if MC used Adams in the beginning or not, but there’s a lot of guys from the early days with first out kits ( 2018 ) that are using Adams on their MC GC lifts.
I'm guessing Adam's driveshaft would give me all that I need for the install? you basically just unbolt the old one and bolt in the new one right? I guess i need to watch an install video.

Edit: MC's is more expensive too.

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I installed the 2.5 36 hours go, and I noticed a large amount of rake. Has anyone dealt with this? Seems like it’s way too high in the rear
Here is what mine looked like when I had the 2.5" MC springs and winch mounted. Are you sure that you put the springs in the right location, front to front and vice versa?

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions Jeep 2_5 inch

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is that the two sway bar mounting options relate to wheel backspacing. When you order a kit on the MC site, there is a drop down question about wheel backspacing. If you select the option with the higher backspacing, you get the longer drop brackets and need to flip the bar. If you select the lower backspacing, you get the spacers, longer links and no need to flip.

Based on this, I assume the flipped version with the drop brackets allows more clearance between the sway bar and the back of the wheel.
Glad I found this I'm doing my install now and just ripped all my recycling boxes out thinking I was missing rear sway bar links becaues they're in every single picture. It's been an experience! First time doing any suspension work

I also thought I'd be getting those duroshock bumpstops, I didnt realize peopel were buying the separately, I've seen them in just about every review.

I hope I'm not far off on my arm measurements, I didn't know about rotating the axle and swaybars being parallel or higher till halfway done but I fixed most of that once on the ground. I definitely had to unbolt and fix a lot of stuff but I think it's mostly because I'm doing one wheel at a time by myself and not realizing how far off things are. Hopefully my rears go quicker I am beat.

This is a knuckle busting job thats for sure I look like I got beat up in my drive way. I'm glad I did it though huge learning experience

this is wheelie mode, just the fronts done

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions 20210524_194156

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Glad I found this I'm doing my install now and just ripped all my recycling boxes out thinking I was missing rear sway bar links becaues they're in every single picture. It's been an experience! First time doing any suspension work

I also thought I'd be getting those duroshock bumpstops, I didnt realize peopel were buying the separately, I've seen them in just about every review.

I hope I'm not far off on my arm measurements, I didn't know about rotating the axle and swaybars being parallel or higher till halfway done but I fixed most of that once on the ground. I definitely had to unbolt and fix a lot of stuff but I think it's mostly because I'm doing one wheel at a time by myself and not realizing how far off things are. Hopefully my rears go quicker I am beat.

This is a knuckle busting job thats for sure I look like I got beat up in my drive way. I'm glad I did it though huge learning experience

this is wheelie mode, just the fronts done

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5” lift installation questions 20210524_194156
Good for you for DIY. And the rear is much easier and quicker than the front so the hardest part is over.
Sponsored