Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I am not usually one for bling but when I saw the new Metalcloak front fender vents I had to give them a try. While they are a little pricey, the craftsmanship is top notch like their other products. The install wasn't bad but getting off the factory plastic vents was a PIA for sure. The Metalcloak directions indicate to access the clips from behind the fender. There is not much room to work so I decided to use my pliers and to break off small pieces of the plastic until I could access the clips from the front side. Once the vents are removed the install is very quick and everything fit perfectly. I like the color contrast on my Granite Crystal paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed tempImageyVuGrx

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed IMG_2729

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed IMG_2731
Sponsored

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Hate to say it, but the fit looks terrible. Especially nearest the fender flare.

Maybe just a weird camera angle?

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Hate to say it, but the fit looks terrible. Especially nearest the fender flare.

Maybe just a weird camera angle?
I believe they designed them to match up to their metal fenders as their priority. It’s off but I would have been able to look past it until you pointed it out lol. Now it’s all I can see.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I don’t know, I kind of like them.. giving me real tank vibes

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I actually like the material, branding and design. However, the semi-fitment is noticeable and I can see the Jeep body behind it. I feel like they should've put a black or dark metal piece behind it so that you can't actually see the Jeep body beneath it.

However, if you wanted to remove the fake vent and just have a designed piece in place, it works. But unfortunately it doesn't work as a vent, bc it doesn't look like a functional vent. All in all, I like...I'd just put a black piece behind it bc Mojito would be exposed beneath mine!

Matsonian

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Matson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I believe they designed them to match up to their metal fenders as their priority. It’s off but I would have been able to look past it until you pointed it out lol. Now it’s all I can see.
Thank you to the OP for the post...

Couple points... they were designed to work with three different fenders... Rubicon, Non-Rubicon and our own Overlines... each of which have different body lines... we believe they do a pretty effective job of sitting tight with the fender and not gapping at that point considering the design parameters.

$200 Please tell me that’s a typo…
They are billet aluminum base topped with aluminum sheet. Designed to be easily customizable for those who want to color match to their rigs. So, while they are not for everyone, they are priced according to current material and production costs. We do plan on having a molded plastic version in the near future.

Wait… you paid to make a perfectly good fake vent faker?
It is actually not a "fake" vent, but a perfectly functioning "Air Outlet". Mopar refers to it as an Air Outlet on their parts list. The leader of the design team for the JL covered this in our interview with him on the ModernJeeper Show... Episode 176 [YouTube]... the implementation of that air outlet was one of the features he fought for that eliminated the hood flutter notorious on the JK.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I am not usually one for bling but when I saw the new Metalcloak front fender vents I had to give them a try. While they are a little pricey, the craftsmanship is top notch like their other products. The install wasn't bad but getting off the factory plastic vents was a PIA for sure. The Metalcloak directions indicate to access the clips from behind the fender. There is not much room to work so I decided to use my pliers and to break off small pieces of the plastic until I could access the clips from the front side. Once the vents are removed the install is very quick and everything fit perfectly. I like the color contrast on my Granite Crystal paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed C19A1D7D-3FAF-4669-BCC5-276479E58369

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed C19A1D7D-3FAF-4669-BCC5-276479E58369

Similar mindset here. Not usually into cosmetic dress up stuff, as I like keeping my Jeep as low key as possible, but these type III hard coat anodized aluminum vents caught my eye. I think they look much better than the factory plastic versions. The coating they use is the same as AR15 receivers, so it's a subtle way of adding a taste of my other favorite pass time, without being to blatant and scaring the sheep. I unfortunately live behind enemy lines here in New York. I'm also a fan of Metalcloak, so I don't at all mind representing them with the "M".

And some before and after pics to compare fitment. They nailed it...

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed 20221128_115346
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed 20221128_124504
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed 20221128_115411
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed 20221128_124612
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed 20221128_115425
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed 20221128_124543
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak Front Fender Vents installed 20221128_131313

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
The huge M kills any desire for this particular product.
They have your money...now you have to advertise for them?

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
might get a 2018 JL Rubicon
Do they do anything for functionality over the stock vents?
Sponsored