Sponsored

Metalcloak control arms or Synergy?

DVJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4door
I’ve narrowed down my lift choice to Metalcloak and Synergy. Both companies have maintenance free dual durometer bushings which is a big plus for me. I had Johnny Joints on my TJ and they worked great, but looking for something that doesn’t require maintenance. I really want to go with Synergy because of their pinch bolt design over Metalcloak which has a jam nut and I like the color of Synergy arms better (I know this shouldn’t matter).

However I’m hung up on Metalcloak’s claim that their arms/joints are the only ones that are in the correct alignment? If you’ve installed either of these two and have some feedback on the arm/joint alignment please share your feedback. If I’m interpreting Metalcloak’s claim correctly, all of the other manufactures would have their bushings under stress at normal ride height which isn’t good? It seems like it would also make “non-Metelcoak” arms hard to install because the bushings would not line up with the bolt holes in the brackets very well.
Metalcloak control amrs.png
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Get the Synergy. No jam nuts and adjustable while installed. I’ve run MC on a JKUR and their stuff is top shelf. My money is on Synergy though between the two. Don’t get hung up on the MC marketing machine.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I’ve narrowed down my lift choice to Metalcloak and Synergy. Both companies have maintenance free dual durometer bushings which is a big plus for me. I had Johnny Joints on my TJ and they worked great, but looking for something that doesn’t require maintenance. I really want to go with Synergy because of their pinch bolt design over Metalcloak which has a jam nut and I like the color of Synergy arms better (I know this shouldn’t matter).

However I’m hung up on Metalcloak’s claim that their arms/joints are the only ones that are in the correct alignment? If you’ve installed either of these two and have some feedback on the arm/joint alignment please share your feedback. If I’m interpreting Metalcloak’s claim correctly, all of the other manufactures would have their bushings under stress at normal ride height which isn’t good? It seems like it would also make “non-Metelcoak” arms hard to install because the bushings would not line up with the bolt holes in the brackets very well.
Metalcloak control amrs.png
Don’t overthink it. They are both top notch products. Both of their bushings are a step above the rest.

jperkins66

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’ve replaced all 8 with Synergy for the exact reasons you are saying and for their reputation. I have 110% confidence that you will love the Synergy arms. I did full HD steering and 2 inch starter as well on my JLUR. I’m running my 35” Nitto ridge grapplers on stock wheels till they need replacing. Then onward and upward.

536E9516-CA21-40E7-AEB3-43572991EF1C.jpeg

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve replaced all 8 with Synergy for the exact reasons you are saying and for their reputation. I have 110% confidence that you will love the Synergy arms. I did full HD steering and 2 inch starter as well on my JLUR. I’m running my 35” Nitto ridge grapplers on stock wheels till they need replacing. Then onward and upward.

536E9516-CA21-40E7-AEB3-43572991EF1C.jpeg
First off, great looking ride you have there!

Just a couple of curiosities. How's the ride compared to stock? Did you have any issues with the rear upper and lower control arms, as far as being able to properly align the rear axle? This second question is due to a couple of other members having issues with the upper rear arms being a bit too long when fully collapsed, which caused some misalignment between the axle and suspension. I've forgotten the thread title and it must've gone inactive and got buried before any resolution was mentioned.

My fingers are crossed that it won't be an issue. Similar to you, I chose the Dynatrac endurosport 2" lift, 8 synergy control arms and rear track bar, and the full steer smarts yeti steering linkage package with front track bar. It's my daily driver, so I have to install everything in one long day and drive it home that night.

Thanks!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Jam nut construction is stronger than pInch bolts. Once you have them dialed in there's no reason to adjust them so the pInch bolt advantage becomes moot. Also there's a ton of brands not pictured for a reason.

Last edited:

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Jam nut construction is stronger than pInch bolts. Once you have them dialed in there's no reason to adjust them so the pInch bolt advantage becomes moot. Also there's a ton of brands not pictured for a reason.
Haven’t had pinch bolts come loose but have jam nuts.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Metalcloak and Synergy are both top shelf products. I ran Synergy control arms, tie rod and drag link on my TJ and never had a single problem or even a squeak from their stuff. I was completely settled on going with Metalcloak for the JL this round but I wheeled with the Synergy crew in Colorado this year and I have since changed my mind. I like the pinch bolt design, their alignment design, reputation, and customer service is also top notch. Their dual durometer bushing was in development for something like two or 3 years before it was released. I also don’t think anyone test their products quite like synergy does. If I remember correctly, when I talked to Dustin and Wyatt at Synergy, they said their 2 door Sport has somewhere in the neighborhood of like 30,000 off-road miles.

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
i really like my Synergy control arms.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have the metal cloak and have no complaints. They might be a PITA to initially adjust but once set, they don’t budge. And if you don’t like the gold, there is always rustoleum...

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have the metal cloak and have no complaints. They might be a PITA to initially adjust but once set, they don’t budge. And if you don’t like the gold, there is always rustoleum...
Can you elaborate on what was the PITA for initial adjustment? Because of the jam nuts?
Seems like a easy install from what I can tell, hand tighten then torque down while on the vehicle, or did I miss something?

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Can you elaborate on what was the PITA for initial adjustment? Because of the jam nuts?
Seems like a easy install from what I can tell, hand tighten then torque down while on the vehicle, or did I miss something?
It’s not that big a deal on initial install, but if you have to make adjustments after the fact then you need to remove the the end to rotate it in or out.

just do it right the first time and your golden.;)
Sponsored