Metalcloak bump stop picks with hydraulic bump stop

Chrisazm

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 JL
Hi all. So I’m in the process of building up my 392. I am doing metalcloak game changer with Fox 2.5 performance shocks and Fox hydraulic bump stops. The issue I’m having is the metalcloak pucks are held in place with a bolt and washer on top of the pucks, but the plunger for the bump stops requires a flat surface. Is anyone running this setup with metalcloak and hydro bumps? I’m looking for a clever solution to make the top of the pucks flat so the plunger for the hydro bumps doesn’t shred. Please reply with photos. Thanks!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. So I’m in the process of building up my 392. I am doing metalcloak game changer with Fox 2.5 performance shocks and Fox hydraulic bump stops. The issue I’m having is the metalcloak pucks are held in place with a bolt and washer on top of the pucks, but the plunger for the bump stops requires a flat surface. Is anyone running this setup with metalcloak and hydro bumps? I’m looking for a clever solution to make the top of the pucks flat so the plunger for the hydro bumps doesn’t shred. Please reply with photos. Thanks!
Just take a step bit to the washer and drill it out so a socket flat head bolt will sit flush…….I got these from the Bolt Depot…….
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak bump stop picks with hydraulic bump stop 2D6D1159-2CEA-4D89-A3E7-79E5541E8502

Last edited:
OP
OP

Chrisazm

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 JL
Just take a step bit to the washer and drill it out so a bugle head bolt will sit flush…….I got these from the Bolt Depot…….
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak bump stop picks with hydraulic bump stop 2D6D1159-2CEA-4D89-A3E7-79E5541E8502
That might work. Do you have the specs of the bolt you used by chance?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That might work. Do you have the specs of the bolt you used by chance?
Mine was replacing the body mount bolts to clear my rear lower long arms…
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak bump stop picks with hydraulic bump stop 0BC7B9A8-2858-4824-8233-940FA43939DE

…you’ll have to get the MC bolt spec and match it to a socket flat head bolt…….

https://www.boltdepot.com/

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase