Metalcloak 3.5" Game-Changer JLU Suspension

Jaredhoefsmit

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How are the 6pak shocks for higher speed trails, fireroads, general overlanding? Looking for more of a faster build, lots of travel, speedbumps/hydrolic bumpstops, etc.
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the 92660 zip code, can you recommend a reseller/installer in my area?

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited - Freedom Package
I am in the 92660 zip code, can you recommend a reseller/installer in my area?
Did you already get an install? I'm going with Brothers 4x4 in Montclair. I just ordered a 3.5" Metalcloak lift and I'm going with the Rocksport Shocks for maximum articulation.

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does anyone know if 10% is the best black Friday deal there is?

Eta: I'm also curious about the wheel backspace selection on the website, I'm going to go with the six packs to start but plan on hutchinson rock monster wheels, should I choose the standard or six pack option for that section

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Does anyone know if 10% is the best black Friday deal there is?

Eta: I'm also curious about the wheel backspace selection on the website, I'm going to go with the six packs to start but plan on hutchinson rock monster wheels, should I choose the standard or six pack option for that section
i suggest the aftermarket wheels option, it is links vs drop bracket in the rear for the sway bars.

The code is good all week long

wearethankful

if you are fire, police, ems or military use USAhero. They will contact you for verification

that’s the best deal they offer

brett

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
i suggest the aftermarket wheels option, it is links vs drop bracket in the rear for the sway bars.

wearethankful

if you are fire, police, ems or military use USAhero. They will contact you for verification

brett
My wheels are 8.5" wide with a 0mm offset, giving me backspacing of 4.75inch. Was it correct of me to choose the "stock wheels" choice since it mentions [backspacing>4.5"]?

Thanks!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
My wheels are 8.5" wide with a 0mm offset, giving me backspacing of 4.75inch. Was it correct of me to choose the "stock wheels" choice since it mentions [backspacing>4.5"]?

Thanks!
i would consult with MC directly for final verdict but my suggestion is to contact them ASAP and swap that to aftermarket wheels. You’re currently going to be receiving the sway bar drop bracket and while it works, I prefer the longer links. You’ll have plenty of clearance with 4.75”

brett

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
i would consult with MC directly for final verdict but my suggestion is to contact them ASAP and swap that to aftermarket wheels. You’re currently going to be receiving the sway bar drop bracket and while it works, I prefer the longer links. You’ll have plenty of clearance with 4.75”

brett
Thanks!!

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

wearethankful

brett
Thanks Brett, I'm still going back and forth with the 2.5 - 3.5, leaning hard to the 2.5 since I'm goin with max terrain flares and inner fender wells. And if I want more I can just swap springs.

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, already got a shipping notification for the 2.5 GC, MC is pushing out parts fast, should be here this weekend!

BlackEyeII

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4cyl JLU Rubicon
I have to say my wife and I installed our MC GC 2.5" about a month ago and we love it so far. We have 37" Milestars on it as well and it really looks and rides nice. It sits a little higher on the left, but we think it is still settling.

We took it to Tahuya our local ORV trail and it was just impressive.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
So if I purchase this setup what else do I need to buy to run it on my yet to be built JL Unlimited Wrangler Sport? Besides 37 inch wheels of course. And possibly 4.88s or 5.13s. Driveshaft? Shocks? Maybe upgrade the front axle?

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
So if I purchase this setup what else do I need to buy to run it on my yet to be built JL Unlimited Wrangler Sport? Besides 37 inch wheels of course. And possibly 4.88s or 5.13s. Driveshaft? Shocks? Maybe upgrade the front axle?

I bought the 3.5 and ordered RCV axle shafts, 5.13 gears, hd steering, and a sector shaft brace so far.
Sponsored