Sponsored

MetalCloak 3.5 Game Changer install with pics

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
Looks like a very nice setup.
Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
To be fair to MC, they do ask if you will be running wheels with more than 5.5" BS. My spacers were backordered. I have them on now and there is tons of room.

-Eli
I did two of them, but I think it was very early on. One of them was supposed to get fox shocks which I see still aren’t an option yet. Lol. The only other gripe I had was wallowing out the hole of the axle side of the front track bar. It’s easy with a die grinder but not everyone has a die grinder at home. All that said it’s metal cloak, I’ve had my hands on lots of kits. Their stuff is always at the top of my list.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I did two of them, but I think it was very early on. One of them was supposed to get fox shocks which I see still aren’t an option yet. Lol. The only other gripe I had was wallowing out the hole of the axle side of the front track bar. It’s easy with a die grinder but not everyone has a die grinder at home. All that said it’s metal cloak, I’ve had my hands on lots of kits. Their stuff is always at the top of my list.
I don’t know if MC changed the joint end or if Jeep updated the bracket design but my track bar fit just fine without having to open up the window on the bracket.

-Eli

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I am running 2"s of bumpstop extension,

-Eli

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
How are your axles holding up to those 40s? How the gearing?

-Eli
Looks very good...How are you liking the 37" ko2's for daily driving? Do you still have adequate power with stock 4.10 gears? I have 315/70/17 ko2's and would like to go to a lighter 37 that is good fit for daily driving I'm also looking at the cooper st maxx and patagonia milestar. I have quite a bit if room with 35's, but drive 25k/yr and want to maintain a quiet ride and keep decent fuel economy. I recalibrated with a tazer and get 19-20 mpg on hwy and 16 around town. You? Here's mine:

ydWU0wE.jpg

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Looks very good...How are you liking the 37" ko2's for daily driving? Do you still have adequate power with stock 4.10 gears? I have 315/70/17 ko2's and would like to go to a lighter 37 that is good fit for daily driving I'm also looking at the cooper st maxx and patagonia milestar. I have quite a bit if room with 35's, but drive 25k/yr and want to maintain a quiet ride and keep decent fuel economy. I recalibrated with a tazer and get 19-20 mpg on hwy and 16 around town. You? Here's mine:

ydWU0wE.jpg
For what you are looking for in a tire you will not find a better match than the 37" KO2.

-Eli

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
For what you are looking for in a tire you will not find a better match than the 37" KO2.

-Eli
How's your gas mileage with 37's? I forgot to say...I have a 6 speed and currently have useable power in 6th gear at 70+mph. You?

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I can still get 18-19 on the highway with the 37s. I have an auto. You are going to lose 6th gear more than likely.

-Eli

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I have no plans for a re-gear at this point.