First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Currently I run the Mopar 2” lift on my 2018 JLU Rubicon.

I am slowly transitioning to MC, with both track bars and all 8 control arms.

Does anyone see an issue swapping to 3.5” MC springs and keeping the Mopar shocks for now?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
They will limit your suspension flex. Have you considered getting the rocksport? They work fine and are priced well

Brett

OP
OP
Csward12

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
They will limit your suspension flex. Have you considered getting the rocksport? They work fine and are priced well

Brett
I’m ok with the flex being essentially what it is, FOR NOW, I would hate to get rid of the Fox so soon.

I figured I’d go to RockSport once the Fox shocks are done. I was just wondering if aside from no getting full suspension travel, anything else would be affected.

I know that a shorter spring and longer shock could be devastating, but was wondering if a longer spring but shorter shock would have any ill drawbacks.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’m ok with the flex being essentially what it is, FOR NOW, I would hate to get rid of the Fox so soon.

I figured I’d go to RockSport once the Fox shocks are done. I was just wondering if aside from no getting full suspension travel, anything else would be affected.

I know that a shorter spring and longer shock could be devastating, but was wondering if a longer spring but shorter shock would have any ill drawbacks.
None besides limiting suspension travel. If your mopar lift is in good shape I’m sure you could recoup some money selling it with the fox shocks. They are the best part of the kit. The rocksports and 6 packs are tuned to the Mc spring rates.

Brett

OP
OP
Csward12

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
None besides limiting suspension travel. If your mopar lift is in good shape I’m sure you could recoup some money selling it with the fox shocks. They are the best part of the kit. The rocksports and 6 packs are tuned to the Mc spring rates.

Brett
Thanks for the quick replies.
Sponsored