First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
How much clearance do you have between the rear sway bar end links and your rims? MC recommends 4.5" back spacing. I just ran into that and am rethinking which wheels to buy.
I’m running the SpiderTrax spacers so I can run the factory wheels and it works great
Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
For the folks that want to keep their factory wheels, we install synergy wheel spacers. It gives plenty of room and look great

Brett
What if I have a Rubicon with aftermarket wheels that have 5.2" of BS and I don't want to run spacers? The Rubi axles are .75" longer on each side, right? so does that effectively give me 4.45" BS compared to a Sport or Sahara?
I'm thinking the wider Rubicon axel and my 5.2" BS wheels would get me to the MetalCloak recommended BS of 4.5". Or am I way off base here.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
What if I have a Rubicon with aftermarket wheels that have 5.2" of BS and I don't want to run spacers? The Rubi axles are .75" longer on each side, right? so does that effectively give me 4.45" BS compared to a Sport or Sahara?
I'm thinking the wider Rubicon axel and my 5.2" BS wheels would get me to the MetalCloak recommended BS of 4.5". Or am I way off base here.
Honestly, I’d refer you to will and the guys at MC. With stock rubi wheels, the sway bar is incredible close to touching the wheels. I’m sure they can get you squared away. One thing though. Most companies use the rubicon to base everything off of.

Brett

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I’d refer you to will and the guys at MC. With stock rubi wheels, the sway bar is incredible close to touching the wheels. I’m sure they can get you squared away. One thing though. Most companies use the rubicon to base everything off of.

Brett
thanks for the reply. I'll have to give them a call when I'm ready to buy.

gpurp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
With stock rubi wheels, the sway bar is incredible close to touching the wheels.
And if you try it with Sport wheels the end link will definitely make solid contact with the rim. Don't ask how I know that ;) Adding spacers or 4.5 BS wheels should get you about 1.75" clearance if my math is right.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have tips for prying the bracket open that holds the front brake line? I start my install on Friday. Tried prying the brackets open today trying to get that out of the way, but couldn’t get it to open up.

Any ideas appreciated

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have tips for prying the bracket open that holds the front brake line? I start my install on Friday. Tried prying the brackets open today trying to get that out of the way, but couldn’t get it to open up.

Any ideas appreciated
Vice grips worked for me everytime, its just very hard

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Any ideas appreciated
I use a pry bar with a wrench that fits the square shaft and pry them as much as possible. Then using vice grips open them up as much as needed. Maybe a min per side now.

Brett

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I use a pry bar with a wrench that fits the square shaft and pry them as much as possible. Then using vice grips open them up as much as needed. Maybe a min per side now.

Brett
Appreciate the two of you responding! I’m attaching the worst marked up picture ever. (Picture someone else posted on the forum. I did the horrible markups)
I’m curious about the wrench on the square shaft. By square shaft do you mean the control arm, as I attempted to draw with red? (Green being the pry bar)

Thanks in advance

7F2AE088-1F71-4687-8436-2DF2C4D562FD.jpeg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the two of you responding! I’m attaching the worst marked up picture ever. (Picture someone else posted on the forum. I did the horrible markups)
I’m curious about the wrench on the square shaft. By square shaft do you mean the control arm, as I attempted to draw with red? (Green being the pry bar)

Thanks in advance

7F2AE088-1F71-4687-8436-2DF2C4D562FD.jpeg
My pry bars have a square shaft on them. I get a wrench that fits that square shaft to give me leverage to twist it like a flat head screwdriver. Get the tip of the pry bar in the seam, use the wrench to turn it opening up the bracket and then grab it with some vice grips to open it up the rest of the way.

Brett

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
After putting the kids to bed I went and tackled the bracket. First side took an hour as I struggled to figure it out. Second side took literally a minute. Once you figure out a technique it is very simple. I ended up having success with a large set of vise grips and a screw driver. I have a good set of pry bars but couldn’t get the technique right with them.

Glad that part is over!

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got the rest of the lift done today. Took about 12 hours in total. I think I could do it in 10 if doing it again. Had to figure out a few things along the way. I also installed some front and rear lower control arm skids which added some time. Got dark before I finished so tomorrow I’ll snap some pictures.