ULTRA JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon - Billet Silver
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Would you share the details on the wheels? Also, I like your front bumper -- what is it?
Stock Rubicon bumper, less the winglets!
Mopar DOT wheels powder coated.here is a better shot of the stock bumper:

08FEBFF6-EC59-404C-AAC0-94D2FD4CFD39.jpeg
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
So not sure how I never saw this thread. Here is mine with the 3.5 GC with sixpacks! Hope to get it out on the trails soon to put it through the paces. Was waiting on under armor. That is now on. but i see they now have more for the fron and rear axle. waiting on that now. Oh and very interested to see how these fenders come out.

wheel side view.jpg

37348972_10215114472527199_4459422233713967104_n.jpg

37217190_10215114471527174_8181713562721320960_n.jpg

37187877_10215114471567175_1728581657826426880_n.jpg
Very nice! Are those 37's? Did you also do the front driveshaft swap? How's the ride?

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Waiting for the MC 2.5” options and Teraflex’s 2.5” to come out before I make my decision. This wait is almost as bad as waiting on my Jeep from the factory.

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Waiting for the MC 2.5” options and Teraflex’s 2.5” to come out before I make my decision. This wait is almost as bad as waiting on my Jeep from the factory.
I’m with you. I don’t want a 3.5”. 2.5” would be perfect, but I’d like to see these same options on the market before I make a purchase.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
FWIW, I inquired about the 2.5” GameChanger months ago. I got this reply back on April 8:

Thank you for the message. Yes, we are starting on that kit next.

Not sure of the ETA just yet. Once we have the springs designed, engineered and functionally tested, we will put them into production, which takes about a month before we see them.

So, could be a couple months.

Matson
So presuming TVs “a couple months” means 5 months, we should see it available this week. :giggle:

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
FWIW, I inquired about the 2.5” GameChanger months ago. I got this reply back on April 8:

So presuming TVs “a couple months” means 5 months, we should see it available this week. :giggle:
I messaged them on Facebook a couple weeks back and they were testing the coil springs and that they were 4-6 weeks out.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Looking nice. How long did it take to get your lift? I ordered one a week ago I hope to have it installed before I head to Moab next month.

Sponsored

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking nice. How long did it take to get your lift? I ordered one a week ago I hope to have it installed before I head to Moab next month.
101 Motors in Arizona had one in stock. Had to wait until last week to get the RockSport shocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJG

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can’t beat finding one in stock. So what do you think of the ride so far?

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t beat finding one in stock. So what do you think of the ride so far?
Ride is very good. I've only done street, so no dirt/offroad. This will be a daily driver, and so far I am very happy with it. Ride quality is very similar to stock. Even with the tires still at ~34lbs it is quite smooth. It searches for 8th gear a little on the highway, but the wheel size is not programmed in yet, so I will wait before my final judgement.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Setting the the tire size will help some. I’ve been on 37’s for a few months now and 8th gear is basically worthless. All be re-gearing to 4.88 or 5.13 in the near future.

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
Since no one has any experience here Ill chime in... Ive installed 3 game changers 3.5 inch. 2 JK's and a JL. First Ill say that if you go with the 2.5 inch on a rubicon you can get away with not having various control arms swapped out. If you go with a 3.5 its actually going to net you closer to 4 . At that hight its necessary that you add track bars and the longer arms to correct the geometry. Spring rate on these are a bit stiffer than stock so be ready for that. Especially at the beginning and with the rock sport shocks which have slow compression. Also there is more dead space on the coil due to the duel rate set-up. Their welding and component assebly are about as well built as you can get. This includes the oxide coatings which is better in northern environments where there is salt used. Next little advantage is their joints which insulate road vibes better than stock and also flex better, however they will need to be replaced after about 60-80 k miles which replacing 16 joints is annoying if you have the full set. The 6-pack shocks are cool and all but they are a bit mall ninja like and bulky . You'd be better served with a good remote res shock like fox or king.

As far as installing it yourself, its really quite easy if you've done a suspension or 2 , you need a jack and jack stands, and 15, 18, 19, 20, 22 mm Sockets in shallow and deep. I hate using them but without a lift you'll likely need a spring compressor because there 3.5 are very long and hard to get seated with the jack stand set-up. The JL has long brake lines which is really nice, the upgraded tire rod is good and the electro assist holds center better when you upgrade to larger tires vs the JK , also the 8 speed handles the tires Wayy better as well vs the old 5 speed. The newer jeep owners don't really realize how much an upgrade the JL is over previous Gen as it relates to adding lift and tires. Hell the new Suspension angles and body mounts make a post lift Jl drive way better than a JK. Just the relocation of the exhaust cross is so much better. I thought that was so stupid in the JK.

Now on metal cloak vs other brands... If you are going to wheel hard and put a lot of gear on your rig a MC kit excels on taking weight and handling it well. i personally think the mopar, and Evo plush ride coil kits have a softer ride so I prefer those over MC for just everyday driving. You will likely need to swap drive shaft eventually in the 3.5 inch set up but you can ride the stock until you burn it up , no bigs.
Sponsored