Sponsored

MetalCloak 3.5” lift kit for JL Wrangler

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
At least you’ll have the comfort of knowing it’ll be done right. :blush: Fortunately I have other jeep friends with the skill, tools, and desire to help me do a lot of stuff. It’s a huge money saver. And I am sure to return the favor (at least in terms of free labor as an extra set of hands).
I'm sure if I asked around my club I could get a few folks together to make it happen. The guy who owns the shop is a club member, so the parts, etc are at a discount, which definitely helps but not to the degree of doing it yourself or w/friends.

Be sure to share pics of your rig when its done! :like:
Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are these kits actually shipping? I keep reading they're available but the site only has a pre-order. What's the eta?

edit: MCs livechat said they're shipping in 1-2 weeks

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Does the Metalcloak system only come in the gold-zinc color? It looks cool, just wondering if there there are other options?

Zenk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Metalcloak system only come in the gold-zinc color? It looks cool, just wondering if there there are other options?
I would like to get it in black. I saw a JK with a 3.5 MC lift and I think the gold-zinc looks goofy.

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
I would go Metalcloak for sure and thats what I plan on doing once they release more parts. I dont want the 3.5" lift, I just want a 2 to 2.5" lift from MC once they release it. The metalcloak duroflex joints are the game changers between these two kits. If you have never used their duroflex joint vs a regular johnny joint then your missing out. Nice and quiet and have more flex and zero maintenance and they last a very long time. I had duroflex joints on our JK for 6 years here in the blistering sun and heat of Arizona and not once did we have to change a single joint out. If it can survive our nasty harsh conditions without maintenance, then you should be sold! Rock Krawler is great stuff as well, i just personally prefer the MC Duroflex joints over the RK Krawler joints.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm hoping MetalCloak doesn't come out with a 2-2.5" kit.

Less temptation. I'm staying stock height damnit.

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
I'm hoping MetalCloak doesn't come out with a 2-2.5" kit.

Less temptation. I'm staying stock height damnit.
I dont see why they wouldnt. They are going to continue to make a killing on JK components and make an even more killing on the new JL components.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I know... :headbang:

I will resolve to ignore the goodness until I start being turned back on trails because I haven't enough clearance.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
Just to be clear, the RK X-Factor without shocks is $2168. The Metalcloak Gamechanger WITH shocks is $2299. Those are comparable kits although the Metalcloak gives you both track bars. At this point there are very few shocks available for the JL and even fewer spec'd to handle the RK X-Factor kit. I'm an RK fan and run them on my JK, just trying to make sure that the info provided is useful.

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JL25XF-4

https://www.metalcloak.com/product-p/7631.htm
I dont want those crappy shocks

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I dont want those crappy shocks
Have you been on Rocksports? You know they are valved very close to the OME's? Are there better shocks? Sure, but they aren't crappy like Pro Comps or Skyjackers, that's for sure.

Go ahead and dump the shocks and add some King's.... My point is, those 2 kits are still a fair comparison in quality and price. The RK isn't $700 less.

Sponsored

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Wish I had the skills...but I have a local shop (authorized MC dealer) who does installs and has done many MC setups, that's his speciality...so I'll pay him the big bucks to knock it out.
My wife and I installed a game changer on our 2014 JKUR. We're able to finish and start in the same day. Doesn't really take a whole lot of skill, just the right tools.

I would like to get it in black. I saw a JK with a 3.5 MC lift and I think the gold-zinc looks goofy.
I primered and painted my whole kit prior to install. Came out great and has held up very well.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I primered and painted my whole kit prior to install. Came out great and has held up very well.
Details please! I’m very interested in how you did this - what materials you used, the process, how it turned out, etc. Thanks!

deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This is the kit I am seriously leaning towards. The RockSport shocks don't appear any worse than the Rubicon Express Monotubes I had on my JK. They report the shocks extend to 30", which according to RKs website, anything over 29" requires an aftermarket front driveshaft.

The Bruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel
Anymore updates on these kits? Any members have it installed yet? Reviews? Pics?

Brand0n

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15AEVJKUR
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Anymore updates on these kits? Any members have it installed yet? Reviews? Pics?
I ordered it on 5/13, they called and said it would arrive in 2-3 weeks. Called back after 3 weeks, and they said it would ship in another 2 weeks. My order still just says processing, BUT if they ever do send me the lift I will post up pics and review :fingerscrossed:

UPDATE: Just got a tracking notification from UPS, shipped!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: