Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Another vote for the MC 2.5.

I was also looking at the Dynatrac but I knew that I would want to begin adding other parts (trackbars, control arms, etc.) almost immediately. At that point, I just didn't want to waste my time having to Frankenstein my rig but still could not afford the full MC 2.5' Gamechanger lift I lusted for. My lovely wife just would not let me make that kind of large investment all at once. Instead I began piecing parts together, first enough for a True Dual lift, bit by bit in my garage, and then a bit more parts. Over many months I steadily made all my purchases, focusing more expensive parts during their occasional 10% off sales (Black Friday will be here before you know it and I've seen MC offer 15% off). Anyhow, long story short, over the course of a year's time I finally had a full MC 2.5' GC with Rocksport shocks and driveshaft.

Drives and steers awesome and I have peace of mind that I have a full system of parts designed to work with one another. I also avoided that nagging feeling that I would otherwise have ended up with a less capable off-road vehicle than I would have with the Metalcloak. Like you, I may not ever need the full capability of a premium lift, but it gives me comfort knowing that I can.

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak 2.5" True Dual vs Dynatrac Enduro 2" Dusty trail
Sponsored

Last edited:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Another vote for the MC 2.5.

I was also looking at the Dynatrac but I knew that I would want to begin adding other parts (trackbars, control arms, etc.) almost immediately. At that point, I just didn't want to waste my time having to Frankenstein my rig but still could not afford the full MC 2.5' Gamechanger lift I lusted for. My lovely wife just would not let me make that kind of large investment all at once. Instead I began piecing parts together, first enough for a True Dual lift, bit by bit in my garage, and then a bit more parts. Over many months I steadily made all my purchases, focusing more expensive parts during their occasional 10% off sales (Black Friday will be here before you know it and I've seen MC offer 15% off). Anyhow, long story short, over the course of a year's time I finally had a full MC 2.5' GC with Rocksport shocks and driveshaft.

Dives and steers awesome and I have peace of mind that I have a full system of parts designed to work with one another. I also avoided that nagging feeling that I would otherwise have ended up with a less capable off-road vehicle than I would have with the Metalcloak. Like you, I may not ever need the full capability of a premium lift, but it gives me comfort knowing that I can.

Excellent example of being able to upgrade as funds permit but not sacrificing any major components right off the bat!

Jeep looks great, love the red!

brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
You will get much more than 2.5". I installed the 2.5 True Dual Rate on my JLU Sahara and measured 4.5 up front, 4" in back. The 2.5" label is for a Rubi.
As to the lift, I love it. Great quality, really good ride. I have about 5K miles on it now and 0 complaints.

great info here for folks studying up on any of the lifts. Every manufacturer I know of that does suspension lifts and not spacers measures lift height off a stock Rubicon. The sports/saharas ect sit right around 1.25-1.5” shorter than a rubicon hence the 4” of lift. If you have a non Rubicon and want to keep it 2” or less if lift height you can run spacers which are true to size

brett

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sorry, not an answer to your question, but why do you need a new front driveshaft with Metal Cloak if it’s only 1/2 inch more lift? I do have the Dynatrac lift, but nothing but stock to compare. I changed nothing else , just the Dynatrac kit. Tracks perfectly but my axel is off to one side maybe 1/2 inch. I have not bothered to change that.
Front driveshaft is to eliminate a contact point between the driveshaft and a crossmember at full droop on the front driver's side. Most replacement shafts are thinner diameter than the fat factory one so don't make contact.
i purchased MC driveshaft with my kit, but waited until I damaged as mentioned above. Easy install and peace of mind.

86586D85-3843-4EBC-9427-878318B7359B.jpeg

48328EDF-3303-4EC4-B361-2419F2BD55CD.jpeg

2AE7071E-8C75-4E1A-BF5C-0ECFAA82E7F5.jpeg
Sponsored