Sponsored

Metalcloak 2.5" or Synergy 2" lift for Sport S

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
I'm trying to decide between these two lifts. Metalcloak 2.5" True Dual Rate w/ Rocksport Shocks and Synergy 2" Stage 1 w/ Fox Shocks. Right now I have a stock Sport S JLU with LOD Destroyer sliders. I'm only planning an engine/transmisson skid for now. I want to run 285/75 R17 tires to keep my stock rims (budget reasons) hopefully in the future I can do rims and go to 35's but who knows. I like the flex the MC gets to help out the fact that I don't have lockers yet. I want to make sure that 285/75 R17 tires wouldn't look small on the MC lift. So my main questions are as follows.

1) Would 285/75 R17 tires look small on the MC lift with stock sport fenders?
2) Would the Synergy lift sag a bunch if I put a front bumper and winch on it?
3) Pictures of either lift with stock Sport flares and 285/75 R17 tires or 35" tires would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see any reason why you couldn't run 315/70-17's on the factory wheels. There should be plenty of room after the 2.5 lift.

Agswin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just pulled the trigger on the 2.5 MC True Dual after a lot of research. Got the kit including shocks that are designed to work with the kit for about $1500 shipped using the Labor day sale.

I was torn between that lift and the Gamechanger and the Clayton Overland. Don't know too much about the Synergy because I scratched Synergy off the list early on when I read that they are having a problem with their front trackbar and are maybe having other problems because it is taking much too long for them to redesign it and are still selling the one that rubs. Communication on here has slowed quite a bit too

But looking at the Synergy website, the start system doesn't include shocks or control arms or much of anything else. The Stage 1 is more expensive than the MC and doesn't include a rear track bar or shocks.

You can't go wrong with the MC. Haven't heard any negative info on the forum about them

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see any reason why you couldn't run 315/70-17's on the factory wheels. There should be plenty of room after the 2.5 lift.
I've always been told that that would be to wide a tire for a 7.5" rim. I would also be a bit worried about the rear tire carrier as it's lower than a Rubicon. I was assuming it was the biggest tire I could get on the stock rim and carry a spare without relocating and reinforcing the tailgate.

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just pulled the trigger on the 2.5 MC True Dual after a lot of research. Got the kit including shocks that are designed to work with the kit for about $1500 shipped using the Labor day sale.

I was torn between that lift and the Gamechanger and the Clayton Overland. Don't know too much about the Synergy because I scratched Synergy off the list early on when I read that they are having a problem with their front trackbar and are maybe having other problems because it is taking much too long for them to redesign it and are still selling the one that rubs. Communication on here has slowed quite a bit too

But looking at the Synergy website, the start system doesn't include shocks or control arms or much of anything else. The Stage 1 is more expensive than the MC and doesn't include a rear track bar or shocks.

You can't go wrong with the MC. Haven't heard any negative info on the forum about them
I'm really leaning towards the MC. I just don't want it to look like the tires are small. I know it might be a while before I'm able to move up to 35's. Bonus points to MC for getting back to me within 24 hrs. on questions I had on the lift. I had not even thought of it as an option until the assured me I could run stock rims.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've always been told that that would be to wide a tire for a 7.5" rim. I would also be a bit worried about the rear tire carrier as it's lower than a Rubicon. I was assuming it was the biggest tire I could get on the stock rim and carry a spare without relocating and reinforcing the tailgate.
Many, including myself, have successfully run that size tire on the factory 7.5's. Yes, it's technically at or just below the minimum recommended wheel width, so it will probably void the tire manufacturers warranty but it's no so far out of range to be ridiculous. Do a chalk test to ensure full tread contact, and that should help avoid funny or excessive wear. I found 30-31 psi worked good for me, but every jeep can vary in weight and tire brand so its best to find your own happy number. Here's 315/70-17 BFG KO2's on factory wheels.
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak 2.5" or Synergy 2" lift for Sport S 20190827_132657

Killertraylor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUD

I was hoping they would have a labor day sale as I've been considering the same lift - checked their website over the weekend and didn't see anything? Where did you find out about it? Any chance it's still going?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to decide between these two lifts. Metalcloak 2.5" True Dual Rate w/ Rocksport Shocks and Synergy 2" Stage 1 w/ Fox Shocks. Right now I have a stock Sport S JLU with LOD Destroyer sliders. I'm only planning an engine/transmisson skid for now. I want to run 285/75 R17 tires to keep my stock rims (budget reasons) hopefully in the future I can do rims and go to 35's but who knows. I like the flex the MC gets to help out the fact that I don't have lockers yet. I want to make sure that 285/75 R17 tires wouldn't look small on the MC lift. So my main questions are as follows.

1) Would 285/75 R17 tires look small on the MC lift with stock sport fenders?
2) Would the Synergy lift sag a bunch if I put a front bumper and winch on it?
3) Pictures of either lift with stock Sport flares and 285/75 R17 tires or 35" tires would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but the 2.5” (most lifts) are measured from Rubicon. On your Sport you will get more like 3.5” lift and 33s may look a little small IMO. Here is my Sport S with the Mopar 2” lift (bought it used this way) which truly was about 3.25-3.5” of lift and 285s. This is for reference only. Hopefully helps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak 2.5" or Synergy 2" lift for Sport S CC893DCB-6369-46C6-99A6-AA9826D412AA

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport

I'm guessing you skipped on the suggested front drive shaft upgrade? Any issues with that?

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I was hoping they would have a labor day sale as I've been considering the same lift - checked their website over the weekend and didn't see anything? Where did you find out about it? Any chance it's still going?
follow them on social media or get on their email list for all the sales!

brett

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone correct me if I am wrong but the 2.5” (most lifts) are measured from Rubicon. On your Sport you will get more like 3.5” lift and 33s may look a little small IMO. Here is my Sport S with the Mopar 2” lift (bought it used this way) which truly was about 3.25-3.5” of lift and 285s. This is for reference only. Hopefully helps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak 2.5" or Synergy 2" lift for Sport S CC893DCB-6369-46C6-99A6-AA9826D412AA
I would agree. All my research has been that lifts are based on rubicons. So the 2.5” will get me 3.5” to 4” of lift. I like how your tires look. I think the Rubicon flares have a lot of space in then stock. So I don’t really mind having a little extra up travel room. I don’t think I would want much more room than what you’re picture shows though. That’s about spot on.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree. All my research has been that lifts are based on rubicons. So the 2.5” will get me 3.5” to 4” of lift. I like how your tires look. I think the Rubicon flares have a lot of space in then stock. So I don’t really mind having a little extra up travel room. I don’t think I would want much more room than what you’re picture shows though. That’s about spot on.
That pic is stock Sport flares. Here is pic with Rubi flares and 33s. Also added Rubi steel front bumper. Also included a pic with sport flare one side and Rubi on other to show the additional height.
Not sure any of this helps.

5C208F4D-4E68-49FD-96D7-63B2C2CB7E20.jpeg

476F9CB8-1196-49A6-824D-CEC33EA36C01.jpeg

A8AC9796-A206-436D-BA85-C4EDA8F90FF0.jpeg

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to go with Metalcloak as they were super fast with answering all my questions I emailed. Synergy has never gotten back to me after 3 requests asking about my questions over about 3 weeks time. So that make it easy. I'm going with the company that wants my business.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I'm probably going to get this kit. Anyone know of any good install videos? I want to do it myself. I'm not super mechanical but I'm thinking with good step by step instructions I could swing it.

Talking about mc
Sponsored