Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the Falcon shocks which allow adjusting the settings? I am interested to do the MC 2.5", but for what reason should I get teh Falcon over their shocks?

Thanks
Well i had falcon 2.1s on and took them off for metalcloaks shock. A shock that is valves correctly for the correct spring wins out almost everytime. The MC ones are longer and shorter. However, having the adjustable falcons would be awesome to fine tune your ride how you like it yourself. Also having the resivoir the oil does not heat up as fast and cause shock fade. I love how the rocksport shocks ride and the compression and extension i get out of them. But if i came across a good deal on the adjustables i would switch. Only because my offroad style varies from faster desert style stuff to slower crawelr stuff where i could benefit from adjustability and increased oil capacity.
Sponsored

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Is that the Falcon shocks which allow adjusting the settings? I am interested to do the MC 2.5", but for what reason should I get teh Falcon over their shocks?

Thanks
I ran the Rocksports on my JK w 3.5" Metal Cloak game changer before switching out to Bilsteins. The Rocksports felt too soft. The Bilsteins were firmer and seemed to match great with the spring rates.

On the JL, I wanted to try something adjustable. I like the idea of a soft setting for the highway, smooth and comfy for road trips. Then around town, the firmer setting makes it handle a little sportier.

IMO, it all comes down to personal preference. If you can, hit a jeep meet and greet. Ask to ride in some jeeps that have the kind of kit you are looking at. All lifts and suspension components have their own personality. Rock Krawler rides different than Metal Cloak vs. the Mopar lift. Find the personality you like and fits your driving style.

Keep in mind, lots of internet forum peeps have "their" brands that are better than all the rest. I'm no different. This is just my opinion based on my previous build. If you can, get some first hand experience.

Good luck.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently looking at either the dual rate or gamechanger......MC (through email) mentions that driveshafts are needed for any lift kit. I have not seen the reference, but has anyone changed their driveshafts when they got either lift?

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I'm currently looking at either the dual rate or gamechanger......MC (through email) mentions that driveshafts are needed for any lift kit. I have not seen the reference, but has anyone changed their driveshafts when they got either lift?
I did the gamechanger with the 6 pack shocks. With my jeep on jack stands and the front axle hagging from my shocks my driveshaft was hitting my exhaust. Honestly I'm not positive what it was hitting but it was hitting something. I installed my lift and driveshaft at the same time. I got their driveshaft with my lift but only because I bought everything on black Friday. Not sure in the real would how often you would get into a situation where the driveshaft rubs the exhaust.

Sponsored

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I got the front drive shaft. Depending on shocks (since they are typically what limits droop) your suspension should be able to sag more which mean that the driveshaft needs to extend further than stock and aftermarket shafts are also smaller diameter (because they are solid not hollow) which gives you more clearance around them.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys - both correct. I had a chance to talk to MC about something else and asked about this. They advised that for any lift from them, to get a new DS due to the hitting that you're mentioning. Now - to spend a lot or more :)

metalhead

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Rubicon Unlimited
Any chance you can get a measurement from the ground to the highest point on the roof? I want this lift, but want to make sure I can fit in the garage with 35s.
I did measure it once and now I forget the number. I think it was around 78". My garage door is 7 ft tall and clears easily

BostonJohn13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 05 Wrangler Unlimited
Had my Metalcloak 2.5in lift with Rocksport shocks installed recently. I'm running 315/75R17 tires and think the pairing is just right. So far the suspension has performed well on some mild trails. The shocks do seem a little stiff to me but we'll see how everything settles in. Handling seems to have improved slightly, but I wasn't having any major steering issues to begin with.

Overall everything sits pretty level. I think the front is ~0.25in lower than the rear but I have a winch and Poison Spyder bumper on the front. Once I move to a rear steel bumper I think it will even out further.

20190303_120141.jpg

dirtrider72

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
Had my Metalcloak 2.5in lift with Rocksport shocks installed recently. I'm running 315/75R17 tires and think the pairing is just right. So far the suspension has performed well on some mild trails. The shocks do seem a little stiff to me but we'll see how everything settles in. Handling seems to have improved slightly, but I wasn't having any major steering issues to begin with.

Overall everything sits pretty level. I think the front is ~0.25in lower than the rear but I have a winch and Poison Spyder bumper on the front. Once I move to a rear steel bumper I think it will even out further.

20190303_120141.jpg
Nice! We have the same color jeep and similar wheels. im going with the 3.5 metal cloak and 37's. Did you install the lift yourself?

Sponsored

BostonJohn13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 05 Wrangler Unlimited
Nice! We have the same color jeep and similar wheels. im going with the 3.5 metal cloak and 37's. Did you install the lift yourself?
I used a local offroad shop for the lift install. I'm sure with enough time I could do it myself but since this is my daily I opted for pro install.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

20190303_120141.jpg
Looks great. The 2.5" seems to have my preferred height. Any idea how tall your Jeep measures?

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Me hanging out in Moab this week...2.5" MC lift with rocksport shocks and MC Skids...35" Patagonia tires! Doing great on everything I throw at it! This was the Gold Bar Rim Trail.
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_6140.JPG

mr_chenyang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Me hanging out in Moab this week...2.5" MC lift with rocksport shocks and MC Skids...35" Patagonia tires! Doing great on everything I throw at it! This was the Gold Bar Rim Trail.
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_6140.JPG
How many bump stops do you use?:)
Sponsored