Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
Would definitely love to hear that feedback, and yes, we travel the same roads. I live in Vacaville, but I too work in Rancho Cordova. We're practically neighbors! Perhaps I could get a possible test ride?
Let us know when you want to come by and we can make that happen! Nothing like riding in a Jeep to get the feel for it. We normally have our 4 door here, our 2 door is currently down at SEMA.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
is it a 2.5" lift all around or is it a 2.5" front and 2" rear?
We are netting right about the 2.5-3" front depending on winch and 2.5" out of the rear. This means the Jeep should have a little rake still and should sit level when loaded with gear.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Would definitely love to hear that feedback, and yes, we travel the same roads. I live in Vacaville, but I too work in Rancho Cordova. We're practically neighbors! Perhaps I could get a possible test ride?
We are only a few days in with our lift. The shocks and springs are a little stiff right now but I anticipate once we throw on some 37s, the skid plate system, and add a little more weight it will even out and ride smoother!

Although, I can take speed bumps a lot faster now! Ha!

PS I think all California roads suck anyways right? ha! We're down in Ventura County and they're garbage here too.

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
We are only a few days in with our lift. The shocks and springs are a little stiff right now but I anticipate once we throw on some 37s, the skid plate system, and add a little more weight it will even out and ride smoother!

Although, I can take speed bumps a lot faster now! Ha!

PS I think all California roads suck anyways right? ha! We're down in Ventura County and they're garbage here too.

The kit was designed for some weight so adding the weight can help for sure, but either way it should do very well. What size tires are you currently running and what PSI? Just curious.

And yes all CA roads are garbage, for all this road and gas tax we pay, you think they would be gold...

Sponsored

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Ordered my 2.5" on OCT28 after a long, impatient wait (it continues). I didn't want the full 3.5" on my DD. Hoping to receive it and install by 25th. Have a set of Mopar beadlocks wrapped in BFGoodrich KM3 35"s going on it (JLU Sport) as well for anyone who is looking for pictures.
Deciding whether to go with Fox 2.0s or Falcons 2.1 Monotubes.
Accepting opinions; no guarantees I will listen.

Last edited:

FL Mojito

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my 2.5" on OCT28 after a long, impatient wait (it continues). I didn't want the full 3.5" on my DD. Hoping to receive it and install by 25th. Have a set of Mopar beadlocks wrapped in BFGoodrich KM3 35"s going on it (JLU Sport) as well for anyone who is looking for pictures.
Deciding whether to go with Fox 2.0s or Falcons 2.1 Monotubes.
Accepting opinions; no guaranteers I will listen.
That sounds a lot like what I am planning on doing. I was thinking of doing the Falcon 2.1 or Bilstein. Looking forward to seeing some pics?

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Are your coils tuned with the rocksport shocks specifically in mind. I’ve read typically kits that have coils and shocks designed together perform better. Vs other kits then 3rd party shocks.

Also are the rocksport shocks aluminum bodied?

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Are your coils tuned with the rocksport shocks specifically in mind. I’ve read typically kits that have coils and shocks designed together perform better. Vs other kits then 3rd party shocks.

Also are the rocksport shocks aluminum bodied?
The Rocksport shocks were modeled after the valving we have used in our in house made 6Pak shocks and were specifically paired in both that and length to our coils to provide the best ride quality, as well as flex out of the kit. The shocks are a steel body twin tube shock and were not designed to be the flashiest shock on the market, but bang for your buck they are hard to beat!

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Man I wish I would have waited. Oh well, I guess my Hodge podge Mopar / metalcloak lift will have to suffice :(

(Don't mind the brake brackets, i needed to get a cutoff wheel so they were zip tied till I got to the store)

IMG_20180924_134220.jpg

Mkz567

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler jl rubicon
Occupation
Business owner
Man I wish I would have waited. Oh well, I guess my Hodge podge Mopar / metalcloak lift will have to suffice :(

(Don't mind the brake brackets, i needed to get a cutoff wheel so they were zip tied till I got to the store)

IMG_20180924_134220.jpg
I was looking at the same metalcloak adjustable control arm. How you like em? You think whole control arm kit is over kill?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the same metalcloak adjustable control arm. How you like em? You think whole control arm kit is over kill?
I would have bought the whole metalcloak lift if I could go back in time. I want to eventually get all the control arms myself just to get everything back to where it should be, but the rear flexes no problem as it sits now so no rush.

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think I finally found my future lift! Can anyone tell me how are those Rocksports for daily driving? Looking at the 2.5 in lift on a JLUR and 37s.
I have the Rocksports on the 3.5” and it is fine for daily driving. I would say a little stiffer than stock but drive and handles great.
Sponsored