First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Now here it is with 315s on factory wheels(No spacers)...Suspension pics are at full lock...no issues on pavement but will be adding spacers for offroad flex...
IMG_1873.JPG
Oh wow, I thought you'd added a folding camper to the top ...
Sponsored

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
You have a MC steering stabilizer relocation installed with this kit? I noticed this bracket and was curious.

img_1867-jpg.jpg

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
You have a MC steering stabilizer relocation installed with this kit? I noticed this bracket and was curious.

img_1867-jpg.jpg
Yes i had the full skid set including front disconnect and rear diff skid and the stabilizer relocate.

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Yes i had the full skid set including front disconnect and rear diff skid and the stabilizer relocate.
Very nice setup and awesome RUBI overall. I just got out from underneath my Sport working on that relocation system and FAD skid. Metalcloak's components are unreal! LOVE EM

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Very nice setup and awesome RUBI overall. I just got out from underneath my Sport working on that relocation system and FAD skid. Metalcloak's components are unreal! LOVE EM
Yeah if they weren't local I would have installed myself....Just made sense to let them do it since i am local though! So far seems like they did a great job!

Sponsored

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Started the lift and a few other things on the Sport today and will be wrapping up tomorrow. Front end is done and I figured I'd post some pictures. The final two is the comparison shots of the front lifted vs. the rear stock (and by stock I mean RUBI takeoffs on a Sport.) I will also get measurements for anyone looking for them after the fact. I know this may only prolong the agony of the Sport guys waiting for the final product but in case it helps:

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Yeah if they weren't local I would have installed myself....Just made sense to let them do it since i am local though! So far seems like they did a great job!
How much did they charge you for the whole job, if you don't mind me asking?

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
How much did they charge you for the whole job, if you don't mind me asking?
Thier labor rate is $100 an hour and I think they said 11.5 hours.

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Sorry for the delay. Here is the 2.5" on Falcon 2.1s. I will get more pictures this weekend after I swap out the front bumper.
The rear is sitting at 41 3/4" which is an inch and a half higher with the MC GC than when it was on the Rubi shocks and springs (off a hardtop with steel bumpers). The front measurements are skewed until I get the winch and front bumper on, because I'm currently running with 3/4" RC spacers in the front to compensate.

IMG_0428.jpg

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
What size
Sorry for the delay. Here is the 2.5" on Falcon 2.1s. I will get more pictures this weekend after I swap out the front bumper.
The rear is sitting at 41 3/4" which is an inch and a half higher with the MC GC than when it was on the Rubi shocks and springs (off a hardtop with steel bumpers). The front measurements are skewed until I get the winch and front bumper on, because I'm currently running with 3/4" RC spacers in the front to compensate.

IMG_0428.jpg
tires size?

Sponsored

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I did, but with a lift. It was straight forward once I got a couple of questions answered as you might see in the earlier posts. The alignment is another story. I got different answers depending on the day from MC in regards to castor. 6 at first, then closer to 4.5, and then 6 again. Best setup has been +6. I have some wobble in the 30-45mph range on bad roads and I'm hoping the added weight in the front eliminates it. Although most have said better than stock, I'm thinking I will need to move to a HD tie-rod and drag link.

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I have had some members ask me to verify the length of the springs because MC has said the 2.5"s haven't shipped yet. Hopefully this helps for reference: MC True Dual Rate 2.5" Rear coils compared to Rubicon OEM Rears

IMG_0413.jpg

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have had some members ask me to verify the length of the springs because MC has said the 2.5"s haven't shipped yet. Hopefully this helps for reference: MC True Dual Rate 2.5" Rear coils compared to Rubicon OEM Rears

IMG_0413.jpg
Thanks for sharing. can you tell us more about the wobble? Is it a true DW situation or just feels off? Did you have to drill anything out on the TrackBar mounts ?
Sponsored