Sponsored

Metalcloak 2.5" Kit NOW LIVE

HotKarlTheJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@CloakedJL 2 questions regarding the game changer kit without shocks:

Is it possibly to use a shock extension bracket in conjunction your relocation brackets if I wanted to use my stock rubi shocks until I can afford the 6pak shocks?

If not, can I just leave off the relocation brackets and use the stock location + extension brackets with your kit without damaging anything?

Either way Im doing essentially just rough forest roads. Not rock crawling or anything like that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
@CloakedJL 2 questions regarding the game changer kit without shocks:

Is it possibly to use a shock extension bracket in conjunction your relocation brackets if I wanted to use my stock rubi shocks until I can afford the 6pak shocks?

If not, can I just leave off the relocation brackets and use the stock location + extension brackets with your kit without damaging anything?

Either way Im doing essentially just rough forest roads. Not rock crawling or anything like that.

We do have shock extensions that will make the stock shocks work for you, they are actually basically the 6Pak mounts as well.

I would say if you can, I would recommend the Rocksport Edition if you can and then upgrade those to 6Paks down the road. The Rocksports will give you the ride quality we expect and that is not always true of the stock shocks. They will also give you a ton of travel so your off-roading wont be limited as with the stock shocks.

If you do go with out brackets, basically you would use just them and the stock locations and then continue using them with the 6Paks down the road.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
For those trying to still fit the JL in the garage do we have any average numbers on total height for a Rubicon with hardtop on 37" tires (Cooper STT's in my case) for the Rocksport kits?

2.5" versus 3.5" kit measurements? Would love to go 3.5" but my garage door clearance is about 79"s which might be pretty close? I think I'm at 75" tall with a 2.5" spacer lift currently.

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
For those trying to still fit the JL in the garage do we have any average numbers on total height for a Rubicon with hardtop on 37" tires (Cooper STT's in my case) for the Rocksport kits?

2.5" versus 3.5" kit measurements? Would love to go 3.5" but my garage door clearance is about 79"s which might be pretty close? I think I'm at 75" tall with a 2.5" spacer lift currently.
In this thread, this owner is running our 3.5" with 38s and fits in his garage. Sorry don't have an exact measurement on me, hope this helps.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nia-mopar-beadlock-s.16684/page-3#post-438446

Sponsored

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
@CloakedJL What is the status on the 2.5" and 3.5" inch lifts for the 2 door? Thanks in advance
The 3.5" should be live any day now on the site, they are currently working to get the 2.5" coils finished up testing so we can do the production order on those. So that will be after the new year more than likely on that.

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
The long wait is over! Here she is, sitting around waiting for me to make time for her! Thanks Metalcloak for the frequent updates! More photos to come!

IMG_0388.jpg

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
The long wait is over! Here she is, sitting around waiting for me to make time for her! Thanks Metalcloak for the frequent updates! More photos to come!

IMG_0388.jpg
Seriously considering this kit, please bring them pics and feedback when you can.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
And measurements! Pretty please!

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
This whole thread and still no pics of a MetalClock 2.5" lifted JL

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I can't decide between 2.5 or 3.5... can't wait to see pics.
Same. I think for a Sport / Sahara I think would want to get the 3.5 due to the lower fenders without the huge fender gap. The Rubicon, with the raised fender makes even 37s look small with the 3.5" lift. So as a Rubicon owner, I'm currently leaning towards the 2.5."
Sponsored