Metalcloak 2.5" Kit NOW LIVE

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nice, those are 37s on your Jeep? Been considering moving from my Mopar springs and falcon shocks MC and Rocksport.
Yes Sir. They are 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Awesome tire.
Sponsored

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
did you have the rocksports first? Any opinions between the two?
Had the Rocksports on my JK (w/ 3.5 MC lift) before switching over to Bilsteins. The Rocksports were too soft in my opinion. Several folks here in KC are running MC and the Fox shocks as well.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Rocksports on my JK (w/ 3.5 MC lift) before switching over to Bilsteins. The Rocksports were too soft in my opinion. Several folks here in KC are running MC and the Fox shocks as well.
Illinois roads here suck thats why I ask. Thanks for the input!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Finally got my set: 2.5" Game Changer Rocksport. They arrive tomorrow, but I'll wait for the steering bits before install.

Can't wait. Hope it's as good as all that. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty torn on weather I will go with the 2.5” or 3.5” gamechanger. Leaning towards the 3.5” as I will use 37’s. If the 2.5” will clear the 37’s without a ton of bumpstop, that would be the preferred route. I Offroad quite a bit and don’t want to limit the articulation.

Decisions, decisions

No Huli

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 , 03 Rubicon, 2020 JLUR
I am installing 2.5" Game Changer. I only see control arm dimensions for 3.5". Does anyone have the dimensions for 2.5"?

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I just ordered the 2.5" and have 35s and am curious how you like your setup? Are you happy with the 35s or do you wish you had 37s? I am toying with the idea of selling my 35s and picking up a set of 37s...

2.5 MC game changer with 35" Nitto ridge grapplers

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

No Huli

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 , 03 Rubicon, 2020 JLUR
I just ordered the 2.5" and have 35s and am curious how you like your setup? Are you happy with the 35s or do you wish you had 37s? I am toying with the idea of selling my 35s and picking up a set of 37s...
I considered both but I'm happy with the fender clearance that I get with the 35's on the trail plus the 4.10 gear ratio works well with the 35's on the street. I will be metal cloaking the undercarriage to help with the lower profile.

IMG_2782.JPG

Sponsored

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Thank you for the info! 35s with the 2.5" seem to require less additional work/mods (added bump stops, regear, high clearance fenders, etc.). I will wheel with it for a season and see how it goes. I have added the diff skids but should also consider the full cloaked protection as well.

Did you notice any sag with your steel front bumper? I have the factory steel bumper with a 10K winch and have noticed a lot sag on the factory rubicon suspension and hope to not have the same issue on the 2.5" GC.

I considered both but I'm happy with the fender clearance that I get with the 35's on the trail plus the 4.10 gear ratio works well with the 35's on the street. I will be metal cloaking the undercarriage to help with the lower profile.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a MC forum discount or anything in the plan for a new years discount?

Want to order the 2.5 dual rate system.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I am pretty torn on weather I will go with the 2.5” or 3.5” gamechanger. Leaning towards the 3.5” as I will use 37’s. If the 2.5” will clear the 37’s without a ton of bumpstop, that would be the preferred route. I Offroad quite a bit and don’t want to limit the articulation.

Decisions, decisions
Both kits use the same shocks, you'll have the same travel with either kit and need the same bump stops to clear whatever tire you choose.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Both kits use the same shocks, you'll have the same travel with either kit and need the same bump stops to clear whatever tire you choose.
I ended up going 3.5” and installed it over thanksgiving weekend. It was a pretty cold week in Denver and the garage was freezing. Glad to get it on though.

Obviously the down travel is the same. Agree bump stop is determined by tire size, or other item like top mount drag links. Ultimately I wanted that extra inch of up travel before getting into the bumpstop,

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a MC forum discount or anything in the plan for a new years discount?

Want to order the 2.5 dual rate system.
No, but what you can expect is 10% off and free shipping sales at about every holiday. (Even did Columbus Day)
Sponsored