ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are your springs as rusty as they look in the photos? What kind of environment are they in?
tough to discern from a photo, but that looks like dirt/mud to me.
Sponsored

Jimbo1226

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2018 JLUR
tough to discern from a photo, but that looks like dirt/mud to me.
Ehh, you might be right, just caught my eye. Something looked off like chipped powder coat/rust. But you might be right.

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Any idea how they pair with Falcon shocks or would a different set be recommended?
The Metal Cloak 2.5 pairs awesome with the Teraflex Falcon shocks. The adjustments ranges from firm and flat to smooth and floaty. Dial in the ride you want for what you are driving. Change it back just as easy.

77CF4267-83C7-471C-9BD2-30DED1C1F8D8.jpeg

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Anyone know the actual height increase you gained on the 2.5 and 3.5? Thinking of picking up these springs but want at least 2.5. No less.
I had my 2.5 inch lift installed a couple of weeks ago. Rear ended up being 3 3/4 front was 4 1/2 higher.

Either metal cloak doesnt know which springs are what or my shop ordered the wrong thing. I have 315's on and they appear way to small. I dont have aftermarket bumpers or winch on yet so the front should go down some.

The shop claims it will settle in some...we'll see.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Oh and I paired my lift with some high dollar ADS shocks. Wow....
If it helps any mine on 35s from the ground to the front bottom of the rubi rail is 21 1/4 21 3/4 in the rear

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Cant tell if you are mad about the lift and shocks or happy
I am not happy that I apparently didnt get what I asked for but I am not asking for new springs either. I'm getting used to the extra room but it'll likely get me to go 37s sooner so I will save money on labor and springs in the long run.

Performance is stellar. Steering is about the same, a little less precise which is a good thing. The road ride is better in some ways and in another a little stiffer/firmer. Not complaining in the least.

Off road is pretty darn amazing. I dropped air pressure down to 17 and it floats over stuff, nice to know I can go even lower. On the way home I had a Forest Road race and it is flat out amazing. Part lift and a BIG part ADS suspension. For the money it oughta be. lol

It REALLY feels good to have a lift finally on this thing. Going off road without fear of hitting trail poo or doing semi extreme climbs puts me back where I needed to be once selling my well set up TJ.

My shop used to put on any lift the customer wanted but now just does metalcloak. He claims if something is better later he will change and go that route. Good to hear....or maybe he gets a better price point on them. lol

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I am not happy that I apparently didnt get what I asked for but I am not asking for new springs either. I'm getting used to the extra room but it'll likely get me to go 37s sooner so I will save money on labor and springs in the long run.

Performance is stellar. Steering is about the same, a little less precise which is a good thing. The road ride is better in some ways and in another a little stiffer/firmer. Not complaining in the least.

Off road is pretty darn amazing. I dropped air pressure down to 17 and it floats over stuff, nice to know I can go even lower. On the way home I had a Forest Road race and it is flat out amazing. Part lift and a BIG part ADS suspension. For the money it oughta be. lol

It REALLY feels good to have a lift finally on this thing. Going off road without fear of hitting trail poo or doing semi extreme climbs puts me back where I needed to be once selling my well set up TJ.

My shop used to put on any lift the customer wanted but now just does metalcloak. He claims if something is better later he will change and go that route. Good to hear....or maybe he gets a better price point on them. lol
Right on good to hear. Love mine as well. Your shop is smart I agree with them haha.

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer
@CloakedJL You guys have any upcoming specials on these or any sort of forum discount? Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
@CloakedJL You guys have any upcoming specials on these or any sort of forum discount? Thanks.
Marketing really doesn't let us know of any sales until they basically start. That being said, we have traditionally done something for the 4th of July, so I would keep an eye out ;)

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer
Marketing really doesn't let us know of any sales until they basically start. That being said, we have traditionally done something for the 4th of July, so I would keep an eye out ;)
Well I follow your Facebook and IG pages so I would think if a sale is going on I'll see it. Thanks!! Happy 4th!!

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The Metal Cloak 2.5 pairs awesome with the Teraflex Falcon shocks. The adjustments ranges from firm and flat to smooth and floaty. Dial in the ride you want for what you are driving. Change it back just as easy.

77CF4267-83C7-471C-9BD2-30DED1C1F8D8.jpeg
Did you paint your control arms black?

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yes. BTW, the zinc dichromate coating MC uses is awesome. Initially the paint wouldn't' stick. Used a scotchbrite pad to give the surface some tooth. Didn't sand through the coating to bare steel, just roughed it up some. Has held up great. Had considered powder coating but would have had to break down all the joints. Am happy with how it turned out.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. BTW, the zinc dichromate coating MC uses is awesome. Initially the paint wouldn't' stick. Used a scotchbrite pad to give the surface some tooth. Didn't sand through the coating to bare steel, just roughed it up some. Has held up great. Had considered powder coating but would have had to break down all the joints. Am happy with how it turned out.
Nice, those are 37s on your Jeep? Been considering moving from my Mopar springs and falcon shocks MC and Rocksport.
Sponsored