Metalcloak 2.5 Gamechanger

rhjeep89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Firecracker Red
Also to the OP, I went with an Adams driveshaft. It was slightly cheaper to order it separately from the MC kit. I haven't heard too much about the MC driveshaft but the same installer who I talked to about the backspacing said he hadn't had anyone come back with issues on the MC shaft.
Do you have a measurement for the shaft length for when you ordered it?
Sponsored

rhjeep89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Firecracker Red
This is correct. With the Rubicon having a slightly wider axle a 4.75" will be just fine. Anymore than that you do risk starting to rub the wheel into the Outboard mounts. My personal JLUR is on 17" Methods with 4.75" backspace running 38s with no rubbing issues. (Profile Pic)

-Jon
Hell yes!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For the Adams 1350 CV drive shafts (both front and rear), they are pre-made for up to 6" of lift on JL's. No measurement is necessary.

I verified this with both Northridge 4x4 and Adams when I bought front and rear for mine.

If you order from Northridge, use discount code: jlwranglerforum for a decent discount.

rhjeep89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Firecracker Red
For the Adams 1350 CV drive shafts (both front and rear), they are pre-made for up to 6" of lift on JL's. No measurement is necessary.

I verified this with both Northridge 4x4 and Adams when I bought front and rear for mine.

If you order from Northridge, use discount code: jlwranglerforum for a decent discount.
I emailed Adams today whether a measurement was needed for a front driveshaft 21 JLUR with GC 2.5/3.5 and they said "Hello with the Gamechanger we will want it installed and measurements for the driveshafts". Maybe he just wants to verify things would fit properly

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the standard offering that limeade mentioned. No issues.

Sponsored

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Hmmm I have a sport with 4.75 back spacing. When would I know there is a problem? Regular driving or off roading? I haven't noticed any rubbing.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
😂😂😂 More like I know my limits of trying to explain things and know when to leave certain things up to an engineer to explain. LOL
Hi Jon, can you clear this up for me, I was looking for these.......are they a real thing ?

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak 2.5 Gamechanger 6E4BE584-020B-4069-8F25-4B28BB3D3B46

But they seem to have the same part number as the brackets that lift and outboard. I messaged MC but haven’t heard back. Thanks.

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
@Roky Jon to confirm, but I bet that photo is an older revision of that part number.

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
Hi Jon, can you clear this up for me, I was looking for these.......are they a real thing ?

But they seem to have the same part number as the brackets that lift and outboard. I messaged MC but haven’t heard back. Thanks.
As @morlan52 mentioned it is an older revision in that photo. We make changes over time as we see needed to parts, but continue to use the same part number. If you ordered those from them I would imagine you would get our most current ones.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As @morlan52 mentioned it is an older revision in that photo. We make changes over time as we see needed to parts, but continue to use the same part number. If you ordered those from them I would imagine you would get our most current ones.
Ok, so do these exist ? I would imagine they still sell the relo brackets that raise the shock for the six packs, as they benefit from being raised. Im running a long travel shock with a shorter spring so I can afford the 1-1/2” of less up travel. But I would like to orient the eyelet the other way.

Sponsored

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
Ok, so do these exist ? I would imagine they still sell the relo brackets that raise the shock for the six packs, as they benefit from being raised. Im running a long travel shock with a shorter spring so I can afford the 1-1/2” of less up travel. But I would like to orient the eyelet the other way.
We do not unfortunately have this style mount any longer. Us making the bracket sit a little higher let our Rocksport shocks get more droop and took away up travel most were not even using due to larger tires and overall length of the shocks.

The Outboard mounts do work great with other shocks as the bushing size everyone uses is pretty universal, but they are designed around the length of one shock so unfortunately it can be a little more tricky to use with other shocks for sure.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We do not unfortunately have this style mount any longer. Us making the bracket sit a little higher let our Rocksport shocks get more droop and took away up travel most were not even using due to larger tires and overall length of the shocks.

The Outboard mounts do work great with other shocks as the bushing size everyone uses is pretty universal, but they are designed around the length of one shock so unfortunately it can be a little more tricky to use with other shocks for sure.
Ok.... thanks, appreciate the info.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
How do you like the ride quality?

I like what I hear about the Gamechanger 2.5. I want a ride that will absorb bumps on the road as good or better than the stock Rubicon 4 door suspension.

Thanks.

About to pull the trigger on a MC Gamechanger 2.5 for my '21 Rubicon 2.0.

17" wheels / 37" tires

I'll be using their rocksport shocks.

Any recommendations on aftermarket driveshaft or is the one they sell with the package good?

Anything else I will probably need for this setup or does the kit have everything?

Thanks so much in advance! This is my first jeep and I'm still trying to soak up all the info.
Sponsored