Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
We have one of each. MC with GC and rocksports and RK x-factor with Radflo resi shocks. They are both great. My MC gets consistently better reviews for the ride over the RK. A lot of that has to do with the massive shocks being a little more firm. I haven’t messed with the 6 paks, the rocksport are great in my opinion. I don’t know how much articulation you need but mine gives you plenty. Same goes with the RK. I need to do a head to head on our RTI ramp and see what they score but I’d guess it’s within an inch or two

Brett
It would be interesting to see what valving Glenn is using in those Radflos with our springs. I have not driven a JL with our springs and Radflo's yet. Radflo certainly makes a high quality shock though.
Sponsored

Speedy3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, e-tron, Triumph S3
I ran both MC and RK on JK's I had and will say both were great. Current setup on my JLU is an RK X factor 2.5 with OME BP51's and she rides fantastic!! Wouldnt change a thing!

Matt

Last edited:

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What are the positives and negatives going going 3.5” over 2.5”? Reason I ask is because I just ordered the metal cloak 2.5” lift For my 20 rubicon with 35” KO2’s and was wondering if I should change to 3.5” before they ship it out. Also if anyone has pics of a 3.5” lift on 35’s that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
What are the positives and negatives going going 3.5” over 2.5”? Reason I ask is because I just ordered the metal cloak 2.5” lift For my 20 rubicon with 35” KO2’s and was wondering if I should change to 3.5” before they ship it out. Also if anyone has pics of a 3.5” lift on 35’s that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
37's look small on the 3.5 let alone 35s.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You will be more than good with 2.5” and 35’s. I’m running the 2.5” and 37’s

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So I am wondering about the rock sport shocks, I am lemon lawing my current 2020 wrangler after 30 plus days down time in the shop in first 9k miles. So I get to rebuild when my new jlur comes in. And they are giving my back my first year worth of payments. So I have a bigger budget for the new Jeep. And want to do a more complete system. I have a 1.5” teraflex lift with fox shocks now and 35s, I love the ride of the fox shocks. Wondering how these compare with them. I am thinking of doing the game changer 2.5” with the fix shocks and 37” cooper stt pro or Ko2s for the new build

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
So I am wondering about the rock sport shocks, I am lemon lawing my current 2020 wrangler after 30 plus days down time in the shop in first 9k miles. So I get to rebuild when my new jlur comes in. And they are giving my back my first year worth of payments. So I have a bigger budget for the new Jeep. And want to do a more complete system. I have a 1.5” teraflex lift with fox shocks now and 35s, I love the ride of the fox shocks. Wondering how these compare with them. I am thinking of doing the game changer 2.5” with the fix shocks and 37” cooper stt pro or Ko2s for the new build
For the money, the rocksports cant be beat. The flex you get is incredible and industry leading. If they need replacement they are $276 for 4 Delivered.

Sorry about the headaches with your current Jeep but I’m glad theyre taking care of you and excited to see the progress on the next build!

brett

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For the money, the rocksports cant be beat. The flex you get is incredible and industry leading. If they need replacement they are $276 for 4 Delivered.

Sorry about the headaches with your current Jeep but I’m glad theyre taking care of you and excited to see the progress on the next build!

brett
Thanks Brett you answered a billion questions on my first build. Appreciate you always the time. How are the rocksport on road, I trail 6-8 times a year, so road manners are still very important to me.. worried that a more serious system like this will be too stiff..

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Brett you answered a billion questions on my first build. Appreciate you always the time. How are the rocksport on road, I trail 6-8 times a year, so road manners are still very important to me.. worried that a more serious system like this will be too stiff..
Ive mentioned this in a thread recently. I’d take folks in back to back rides in my JL with a gamechanger and rocksports ($2500) and my wife’s JL rock kralwer with custom 2.5” radflo resi shocks ($5k) and literally every single customer preferred the ride of the game changer. Bombing down fire roads and going fast on wash board roads the premium shocks shine big time but for normal daily driving and light wheeling they work great! We’ve been all over Moab with rocksports and they preformed well.

brett

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I'm about 1,000 miles into my full 2.5" MC Gamechanger with Rocksports suspension. When wheeling for the first time on Saturday, I found a few sizable obstacles, fire roads, and of course the 120 mile round trip on the highway and other paved roads. Honestly, the Rocksports are not bad at all, especially if you go with all MC control arms, due to their awesome NVH quelling characteristics that are definitely superior to stock. I would describe to overall ride of this lift as clearly superior to a stock Rubicon, and the Rocksports themselves as very Rubicon-like, but with massive travel. No complaints here, especially when cost is considered.

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak 2.5” game hanger or Teraflex 2. 5” after

Last edited:

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about 1,000 miles into my full 2.5" MC Gamechanger with Rocksports suspension. When wheeling for the first time on Satuday and found a few sizable obstacles, fire roads, and of course the 120 mile round trip on the highway and other paved roads. Honestly, the Rocksports are not bad at all, especially if you go with all MC control arms, due to their awesome NVH quelling characteristics that are definitely superior to stock. I would describe to overall ride of this lift as clearly superior to a stock Rubicon, and the Rocksports themselves as very Rubicon-like, but with massive travel. No complaints here, especially when cost is considered.

after.jpg
so did you do the driveshaft too? or just the arms, springs, and shocks? by the way your jeep looks awesome!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
so did you do the driveshaft too? or just the arms, springs, and shocks? by the way your jeep looks awesome!
Thanks homie. That's a full Gamechanger, including MC driveshaft and high-mount Rocksport steering stabilizer.

I love it.

Burns

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read this thread and since I had made several post early on, I wanted to clearify some things we’ve learned along the way that I was incorrect in.

If going with either MC lift, I strongly encourage folks to get a driveshaft. The same shocks are used in both 2.5 and 3.5” lifts. This results in the same amount of droop which is where the need for the driveshaft comes into play.

I’m sure there’s more to add and I’ll see what else we can expand on.

brett

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I read this thread and since I had made several post early on, I wanted to clearify some things we’ve learned along the way that I was incorrect in.

If going with either MC lift, I strongly encourage folks to get a driveshaft. The same shocks are used in both 2.5 and 3.5” lifts. This results in the same amount of droop which is where the need for the driveshaft comes into play.

brett
Brett - slightly off topic, but the OEM front lower control arms (and perhaps the rear as well) are the mounting points for the brake lines. If moving to am MC system, where are these lines relocated to and are "extensions" required?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

brett
Speaking of droop. I've got the 3.5" Gamechanger with the 6-pack Shocks. I used the front upper shock relocation brackets and the same for the rear lowers. Is the fully extended shock supposed to be what stops the axles downward movement? Or should limiting straps be used to prevent all that weight from hanging on the shocks? Thanks for all that you do, Brett!
Sponsored