First Name
sherif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl 2019
Vehicle Showcase
for experts to advise
have 2019 JLUS i have bought AEV 2.5 ,however the springs were lost in the shipping and i am looking to buy springs alone ,did any one try the MC 2.5 springs on Bilstein shocks ? need your experiences please
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Brett - slightly off topic, but the OEM front lower control arms (and perhaps the rear as well) are the mounting points for the brake lines. If moving to am MC system, where are these lines relocated to and are "extensions" required?
we remove the clamped on bracket and the brake lines get secured to the axle! I can show you on ours next time I see ya!

brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of droop. I've got the 3.5" Gamechanger with the 6-pack Shocks. I used the front upper shock relocation brackets and the same for the rear lowers. Is the fully extended shock supposed to be what stops the axles downward movement? Or should limiting straps be used to prevent all that weight from hanging on the shocks? Thanks for all that you do, Brett!
yessir, that’s what limits droop. They are designed that way to hold the weight. They aren’t designed to be what stops up travel hence the need for the bump stops. If we were jumping our jeeps or anything like that, id add limiting straps to take the shock of all the axle weight dropping off though

brett

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
yessir, that’s what limits droop. They are designed that way to hold the weight. They aren’t designed to be what stops up travel hence the need for the bump stops. If we were jumping our jeeps or anything like that, id add limiting straps to take the shock of all the axle weight dropping off though

brett
Jumping gets a lot more expensive really fast.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

brett
Ok, so i was just overthinking it. I've heard the 6-packs are good for carrying some speed through the wash boards, which I plan on testing. But otherwise, i plan on only raising one tire at a time. No Bo Dukes stunts for this guy. Lol

Thanks a bunch, Brett!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Speaking of droop. I've got the 3.5" Gamechanger with the 6-pack Shocks. I used the front upper shock relocation brackets and the same for the rear lowers. Is the fully extended shock supposed to be what stops the axles downward movement? Or should limiting straps be used to prevent all that weight from hanging on the shocks? Thanks for all that you do, Brett!
I like to use the ABS wires and brake lines to limit travel. Whaaaat?!! You guys don't do that?!! All the cool kids do...

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I like to use the ABS wires and bake lines to limit travel. Whaaaat?!! You guys don't do that?!! All the cool kids do...
I already did the rear emergency parking cable relocation, where you take a riding turn around the rear crossmember before reattaching them. Just wasn't clear on the front.

Thanks buddy! :like:

Charlie_JL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2 Door 2020
223419.jpg

MetalCloak 2.5" lift installed.

First impressions are that it's solid.

Trail Jeep's install looks very professional and clean with excellent attention to detail. So far it drives like it did stock to be honest. A bit more firm, but not much. Love the ride and it's not too tall. From the pinch seam I measure 21" front and 21.5" rear. No regrets.

The steering was fine before, but now it's more solid. Steer Smarts bits were recommended and I'm very happy that I got them. It's got no shimmy and feels very good even driving washboards and rounding corners with expansion cracks mid turn. Nothing upsets it so far. Awesome.

I'll get some more trail time in and follow up, but at the moment I really like the MC 2.5" lift.
What size tires on this?

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Awesome. I’m about to order the exact same thing. Love the look of yours and I really need to get rid of this “temporary” spacer lift. Here is a before pic with 2.5 spacers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Metalcloak 2.5” game hanger or Teraflex 2. 5” DE20A5FD-821A-4E66-85FB-2214FFC63D19
What tire are you getting? I went back to KO2's in the same size, and they are not as big as the Patagonia's. Even with the Patagonia's I didn't rub in most situations on stock suspension.

I'd ditch the spacers in a heartbeat. :like:

Charlie_JL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2 Door 2020
What tire are you getting? I went back to KO2's in the same size, and they are not as big as the Patagonia's. Even with the Patagonia's I didn't rub in most situations on stock suspension.

I'd ditch the spacers in a heartbeat. :like:
These are nitto ridge grapplers 35. We wheel pretty hard and the tires are at least as good as the driver. 😂

Yeah, I’ve waaay to many miles on the spacers. Was supposed to be a cheap way to test the height for a week or two. Three months later and I just did red clay rally on them. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored