Sponsored

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It was a long winter, but I finally made it back to Moab. Metal Masher is rated as the hardest of the Level 6 trails in Moab according to cruisemoab's ratings, so I kind of imagined this might be the hardest trail I would ever do in Moab. It was amazing, but for me, not as hard as I imagined (though I skipped Rock Chucker and Widow Maker).

Metal Masher Movie

Sponsored

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Nice video. Metal Masher is one of my favorites in Moab.
Thanks. Yeah, I really liked it. Although, I think Poison Spider is more fun. The challenges on MM were pretty much all the same: ledges. You don't have a V-notch and you don't have a sand hill. But the ledges are fun and the views are great.

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks. Yeah, I really liked it. Although, I think Poison Spider is more fun. The challenges on MM were pretty much all the same: ledges. You don't have a V-notch and you don't have a sand hill. But the ledges are fun and the views are great.
Yeah, the views on that cliff are what puts me over the edge

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Great video & photos, looks beautiful out there!

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Decent video, but WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!! Easy trails have a way of becoming a horrible day when you roll and never thought it would happen. You shouldn't be hanging out the window like you do to look forward. Get out and walk an obstacle before you drive it if you are that uncertain.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Decent video, but WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!! Easy trails have a way of becoming a horrible day when you roll and never thought it would happen. You shouldn't be hanging out the window like you do to look forward. Get out and walk an obstacle before you drive it if you are that uncertain.
Hahahaha! You do it your way, and I'll do it mine, friend. I walk most obstacles before I drive them. I'm leaning out the side to verify that my tire is going to hit exactly where I decided it should WHILE I was pre-walking it. Hell, sometimes I stand up in the saddle when I have the roof off, driving with my head and shoulders up through the roof so I can look down over the hood better. Too bad I don't have any video of that; probably give you a heart attack! :D

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Hahahaha! You do it your way, and I'll do it mine, friend. I walk most obstacles before I drive them. I'm leaning out the side to verify that my tire is going to hit exactly where I decided it should WHILE I was pre-walking it. Hell, sometimes I stand up in the saddle when I have the roof off, driving with my head and shoulders up through the roof so I can look down over the hood better. Too bad I don't have any video of that; probably give you a heart attack! :D
I do the same thing, hanging out the window sometimes! Another great video! Good work!

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Great video. Good editing as well- really documents the trip without it being overly long. I struggle with that sometimes.

What rack is that? I've been back and forth on whether or not I'll need one for family road trips. That design looks idea as it attaches to the body and not the hard top.
Sponsored